JM De Guzman no longer part of MMFF 2015 entry 'Walang Forever'

MANILA, Philippines – JM de Guzman is no longer part of the movie Walang Forever, which also stars Jennylyn Mercado. (READ: 8 entries revealed: MMFF 2015 movie lineup

This was confirmed by lawyer Joji Alonso, who is also the producer of the movie, in an interview with ABS-CBN, Thursday, September 24.

According to Alonso, Jericho Rosales will replace JM in the movie. In a text message to Pep, Alonso said: 

“We had to seek the permission of the MMFF execom first.

“Yes, Jericho Rosales will take on the role of Ethan in Walang Forever," she said, adding that they cannot wait for JM's availability.

Reports previously surfaced that JM was dropped from the movie, following news of an alleged attitude problem during tapings of his show All of Me. But his co-stars have defended him, saying he was doing his best in his work.

JM was in the headlines after he issued a challenge to Enrique Gil, asking Enrique to engage him in a mixed martial arts fight. Enrique previously apologized for drinking too much and disrespecting JM's girlfriend Jessy Mendiola during a flight to London for an ASAP 20 show. JM's Instagram post has since been deleted. (READ: Jessy Mendiola defends herself, JM De Guzman from detractors online)

Walang Forever has director Dan Villegas at the helm and will be an entry to the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival this December. – Rappler.com