MMFF 2015: 5 Things to know about 'All You Need is Pag-ibig'
MANILA, Philippines – So-called "hugot" director Antoinette Jadaone is back with a new Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) entry, and this time it's full of stars.
Everything #MMFF2015 READ:
- 8 entries revealed: MMFF 2015 movie lineup
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Buy Now, Die Later'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Haunted Mansion'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'My Bebe Love'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Honor Thy Father'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Beauty and the Bestie'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Nilalang'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Walang Forever'
All You Need is Pag-ibig stars Kris Aquino and Derek Ramsay, along with Kim Chiu and Xian Lim, Pokwang, Ian Veneracion, Jodi Sta Maria, Nova Villa, and Ronaldo Valdez.
Tonette is known for her relatable romantic comedies that draw out a lot of emotions from their viewers, and All You Need is Pag-ibig is expected to be along the same line.
All the MMFF 2015 movies will be released on December 25.
Before you head to theaters this week, here are some things to know about Tonette's latest offering:
1. This is Tonette and Derek's second MMFF movie together.
In 2014, Tonette and Derek both worked on English Only, Please, an entry in that year's MMFF. Tonette won the Best Screenplay and Best Story awards at the festival, while Derek won Best Actor.
2. They had trouble with casting a few months before the movie's release.
On October 7, Kris said that she was backing out of the movie because of a scheduling conflict.
The movie was also originally supposed to star Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista, but he eventually announced at the launch of the Quezon City film festival in October that he wouldn't be part of the movie anymore.
Herbert said that he would be busy with the upcoming 2016 elections, as he is running for his 3rd term as mayor.
On October 23, advertising and promotions manager of Star Cinema Mico del Rosario on Instagram a photo of the film's summary and cast. Herbert was not listed, but Kris was back on board.
Mico's list of cast members included Derek Ramsay, who was cast after Herbert left the film.
3. Kris' son, Bimby Aquino Yap, is also in the movie.
Kris and Bimby have been part of other MMFF movies together too, including My Little Bossings (2013) and The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin (2014).
4. They filmed part of the movie in Coron.
In an interview with Kris during the MMFF Parade of Stars, she said that a third of the movie was shot in Coron, Palawan.
Filming in different locations in the country has inadvertently become a theme in Tonette's movies, with scenes from That Thing Called Tadhana (2014) being shot in Sagada, while parts of You're My Boss (2015) were shot in Batanes.
5. All You Need is Pag-ibig's plot is similar to Love Actually (2003), but it didn't start out that way.
Like Love Actually, All You Need is Pag-ibig follows the characters as they make their way through different stages of love. But because of the casting changes, Tonette said that the story changed from how it started out.
"Nandoon pa rin 'yung...mismong core ng love story, napunta sa – parang nag-branch out lang siya. Kasi dati isang love story lang eh," she said at a December 8 press conference for the movie.
(The core of the love story is still there, it went – it's like it just branched out. Because before, it was just one love story.)
Still, Tonette said that, for the final result, her vision for the film was kept intact.
Which of the MMFF 2015 movies will you be seeing this holiday season? Let us know in the comments! – Rappler.com