MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Walang Forever'
MANILA, Philippines – Fresh from their successful partnership in last year's English Only, Please, director Dan Villegas and actress Jennylyn Mercado are back in this year's Metro Manila Film Festival with Walang Forever.
This time, Jennylyn is teaming up with Jericho Rosales.
In the movie, Jennylyn is Mia, a famous romantic-comedy film writer, who meets Ethan (Jericho). After their failed relationship, Ethan returns and they find themselves reconnecting with each other.
Everything #MMFF2015 READ:
- 8 entries revealed: MMFF 2015 movie lineup
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Buy Now, Die Later'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Haunted Mansion'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'My Bebe Love'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Honor Thy Father'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Beauty and the Bestie'
- MMFF 2015: 5 Things to know about 'All You Need is Pag-ibig'
- MMFF 2015: 5 things to know about 'Nilalang'
Walang Forever also stars Jerald Napoles, Juan Miguel Severo, Cai Cortez with Lorna Tolentino as Jennylyn's mother.
Here are some things to know about Walang Forever:
1. Jericho Rosales replaced the original leading man of the film.
The movie was supposed to star Jennylyn and JM de Guzman, but last September, producer Joji Alonso announced that JM was replaced due to conflict of schedule.
Reports previously surfaced that JM was dropped from the movie, following news of an alleged attitude problem during tapings of his show All of Me. But his co-stars have defended him, saying he was doing his best at work.
In an interview, Jericho said that he doesn't mind that he's replacing another actor.
"I really don't mind kung (if I'm the) second choice or 3rd choice ako. As long as the project is fit para sakin (for me) and I know that I can do a good job in playing a role,” he said.
2. Jericho and Jennylyn met when they were filming the teaser.
As they work for different TV networks, it was rare for Jericho and Jennylyn to see each other and only met for the first time when they filmed the teaser of the movie.
Joji posted a photo of the meeting on her Instagram account.
3. This is Jennylyn's second movie for 2015.
Prior to Walang Forever she was in the movie The Prenup with Sam Milby, who, like Jericho, is from ABS-CBN.
4. Jericho admitted he had a hard time doing Walang Forever.
Known as a dramatic actor, Jericho said it took a while for him to warm up in doing a light movie.
During the press conference last December 8, Jericho said that he was grateful to director Dan Villegas for helping him out show his lighter side. He also said he would like to do another light movie again.
"Given a choice to work on another project, rom-com or light drama. Ewan ko, sana si Direk [Dan] ma-recommend ako," Jericho said. (I don't know, I hope Direk [Dan] can recommend [which I should do next])
5. There are special appearances by certain stars in the film.
During the press conference, it was announced that some celebrities will make cameo appearances in the movie to give life to Mia's stories in the film.
According to Direk Dan, they wanted to show Mia's journey as a writer and how she turns her experiences into scenes for her stories.
While they refused to name the actors and actresses, they said that one of today's top tandems from ABS-CBN will make a special appearance.
Will Walang Forever be one of the films you'll watch in this year's Metro Manila Film Festival? Let us know in the comments section. – Rappler.com