This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – This is it, Rurouni Kenshin fans.
If you’ve been waiting for more than just glimpses of what’s to come in the new Rurouni Kenshin movies, which will tackle the iconic Shishio Makoto / Kyoto arc, you’re in luck: the main trailer has just been released.
The film, based on the manga series written & illustrated by Nobuhiro Watsuki, continues to follow Kenshin Himura, former assassin-turned-wanderer, who has settled in nicely following the traumatic events of the last film. He’s found a more peaceful life surrounded by newfound friends Kaoru Kamiya, Sanosuke Sagara, Yahiko Myojin, and Megumi Takani. (READ: Warner Bros releases Rurouni Kenshin sequel teaser)
But this fragile peace is threatened once more when Kenshin must listen to the call of duty – this time to deal with the menacing Shishio Makoto, who’s been plotting frightening ways to terrorize Japan.
This film will mark the appearance of fan favorites Aoshi Shinomori and Misao Makimachi, as well as the appearance of the Juppongatana (10 Swords), Shishio’s group of dastardly henchmen out to make trouble for the good guys. Along the way, the characters face their own demons.
As Kenshin sets out to face Shishio, he must also face the battle within: to kill or not to kill?
The trailer gives us a better look at the main villain himself, Shishio, with his bandages containing not only his scars and secrets, but a terrible, vicious evil. We also get a look at Soujiro Seta, the smiling young boy with a bloody past.
But at its heart, the story is also about relationships, redemption, and duty – so fans will be thrilled at a better look at the moment Kenshin leaves Kaoru to march towards a battle to the death. Warning, though – in the live action version, there appear to be no fireflies!
The Kyoto arc, which features the journey towards Shishio’s stronghold as well as the actual battle, will be split into two movies. The first, Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno, will show in the Philippines on August 20, the second, Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends, on September 24.
“I promise I’ll return,” Kenshin tells Kaoru. He has, indeed. – Rappler.com
More Rurouni Kenshin on Rappler:
- LIVE BLOG: Blow-by-blow updates from Rurouni Kenshin stars 2-day visit
- VIDEO: Watch Rappler’s spoiler-free 3-on-1 interview with Kenshin stars
- VIDEO: See the entire Q&A at the public press conference, Munetaka hugs a fan, Takeru blows a kiss to fans
- VIDEO: See the Rurouni Kenshin jeepney, watch Takeru say “Oro,” stars named cultural friendship ambassadors
- VIDEO: Rurouni stars say “Mahal ko kayo!” plus exclusive red carpet cast interviews
- Quotables: What Rurouni Kenshin characters think of their characters
- See the actual costumes of Kenshin, Sano, and Aoshi in the flesh
- WATCH: Main trailer for Rurouni Kenshin sequel released