For some people, the Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno Philippine premiere was the perfect opportunity for them to show just how much they loved Takeru Satoh, Munetaka Aoki, Emi Takei, and the characters they play on-screen.
For this group of cosplayers invited to perform in a simple exhibition on Day 1 (red carpet event) and Day 2 (public press conference) of the Japanese stars’ visit to the Philippines, this was a chance to showcase their craft.
Here are pictures from their appearances during the 2-day event.
Notice the details that go into each outfit – from the pattern on Makoto Shishio’s robe, to Aoshi’s swords, to Kenshin’s scar.
These fans took time off from their everyday lives to create and construct intricate costumes with the props to match.
A beautiful photo published here courtesy of Happy Hariography shows the cosplay artists in character.
On her Facebook, popular cosplayer Jin Joson talked about the process of “becoming” Kenshin Himura.
“Apart from finding the right kind of cloth, I had to dye and weather it for a while to get that effect, but I’m very pleased with the outcome!” she says of one of her photoshoots. See the picture here:
Later, Jin also shared a priceless photo: her high-five with actor Takeru Satoh!
The stars of the movie appeared to appreciate the cosplayers’ efforts, too. During the public press conference, Takeru Satoh and Munetaka Aoki could be seen waving to them in the audience.
Droves of fans arrived during the major events bringing banners, hard-to-find collector’s items, and even hand-made drawings of their favorite characters.
Here are some photos of the adoring fans we encountered over two days of #KenshinManila coverage.
Here are a few bonus photos from the last two days:
Were you at any of the events last week? Don’t forget to check out the rest of Rappler’s Rurouni Kenshin coverage. Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno opens in theaters on August 20, while Legend Ends premieres September 24. – Rappler.com
Share your most intense fan experience with us in the comments section below!
Many of the photos published here are from Happy Hariography. Check out the Facebook page here.
More Rurouni Kenshin on Rappler:
- LIVE BLOG: Blow-by-blow updates from Rurouni Kenshin stars 2-day visit
- VIDEO: Watch Rappler’s spoiler-free 3-on-1 interview with Kenshin stars
- VIDEO: See the entire Q&A at the public press conference, Munetaka hugs a fan, Takeru blows a kiss to fans
- VIDEO: See the Rurouni Kenshin jeepney, watch Takeru say “Oro,” stars named cultural friendship ambassadors
- VIDEO: Rurouni stars say “Mahal ko kayo!” plus exclusive red carpet cast interviews
- Quotables: What Rurouni Kenshin characters think of their characters
- See the actual costumes of Kenshin, Sano, and Aoshi in the flesh
- WATCH: Main trailer for Rurouni Kenshin sequel released
- In Photos: Amazing Rurouni Kenshin cosplay