LISTEN: The top 15 of Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2016
MANILA, Philippines – Some of the best Filipino singers today will be at the Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2016 finals night to be held on April 24 at the Kia Theater. The evening will feature live performances from the country's leading musicians of the top 15 songs culled from over 6,000 entries that the songwriting competition gathered.
The show will be hosted by Robi Domingo, Enrique Gil, Liza Soberano, and Kathryn Bernardo. Guests such as Daniel Padilla and others will have special performances.
The competition has become a vehicle for many aspiring songwriters in the past years. In 2014, the song "Mahal Ko o Mahal Ako" composed by Edwin Marollano and interpreted by KZ Tandingan won the grand prize.
Here are this year's finalists:
1. "Monumento" composed by Jungee Marcelo, interpreted by Kyla and Kris Lawrence
2. "Ambon" composed by Nica del Rosario, interpreted by Barbie Almalbis
3. "Parang Tayo Pero Hindi" composed by Marlon Barnuevo, interpreted by Angeline Quinto and Michael Pangilinan
4. "Laban Pa" composed by David Dimaguila, interpreted by KZ Tandingan featuring Jay-R
5. "Mananatili" composed by Francis Louis Salazar, interpreted by Janella Salvador and Marlo Mortel
6. "Bibitawan Ka" composed by Hazel Faith dela Cruz, interepreted by Juris
7. "Dalawanag Letra" composed by Davey Langit, interpreted by Itchyworms
8. "Diamante" composed by Jungee Marcelo, interpreted by Morissette
9. "O Pag-Ibig" composed by Honlani Rabe and Jack rufo, interpreted by Bailey May and Ylona Garcia
10. "Patay na si Uto" composed by Oliver Narag, interpreted by Nyoy Volante
11. "Nyebe" composed by Aries Sales, interpreted by Kaye Cal
12. "Sana Tumibok Muli" composed by Jose Joel Mendoza, interpreted by Klarisse de Guzman
13. "Maghihintay Ako" composed by Dante Bantatua, interpreted by Jona
14. "Minamahal Pa Rin Ako" composed by Rolando Azor, interpreted by Daryl Ong
15. "Tama Lang" composed by Agatha and Melvin Morallos, interpreted by Jolina Magdangal