WATCH: Madonna performs 'Crazy for You' for PH fans on 30th EDSA anniversary
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – On the second night of the Philippine stop of her Rebel Heart Tour, Madonna sang one of her hit songs onstage for the first time in a long time – "Crazy for You." (IN PHOTOS: Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ concert live in Manila, day 2)
Madonna said that she wanted to do something special for the occasion. "30 years ago, today, something very important happened here in the Philippines. You fought for your freedom. Am I correct?" she said.
February 25 marks the 30th anniversary of the 1986 People Power Revolution, a peaceful revolution where thousands of Filipinos overthrew the Marcos dictatorship.
Madonna then launched into "Crazy for You," a household and karaoke favorite for many Filipinos.
She walked around her stage, reaching out to her fans along the way. The crowd sang along with her, and lit up the Mall of Asia Arena with their phones.
"Just for you! First time in the Philippines. And the first time that I have sung that song onstage in 30 years. That's crazy, right?" said Madonna.
"That is the revolution of love," she went on to say. "And that is what the rebel heart fights for."
Recorded in 1984, "Crazy for You" is a Billboard chart-topping single that later appeared in the soundtrack to the film Vision Quest (1985) and Madonna's 3rd studio album, True Blue (1986).
Watch the video above and let us know what you think in the comments! – Rappler.com
More from Madonna's Rebel Heart tour in Manila:
- IN PHOTOS: Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ concert live in Manila, day 1
- IN PHOTOS: Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’ concert live in Manila, day 2
- IN PHOTOS: Stars at Madonna's 'Rebel Heart' Manila concert, day 1
- IN PHOTOS: Stars at Madonna's 'Rebel Heart' Manila concert, day 2
- Fabulous PH fan shares what it's like to dance with Madonna onstage
- LOOK: Madonna visits children's shelter before her Manila concert