The AlDub hug: 21 photos of Alden and Yaya Dub's sweetest 'Tamang Panahon' moments
MANILA, Philippines – It was a moment straight out of a fairytale. Fans of the AlDub (Alden Richards and Yaya Dub, played by actress Maine Mendoza) tandem got their wish to see the lovebirds finally hold each other after being kept apart for so long.
This finally happened at the big event, dubbed "Sa Tamang Panahon," that was held at the Philippine Arena Saturday afternoon, October 24. The event's name referenced character Lola Nidora's belief that love comes at the right time,
Yaya Dub and Alden's big meeting continues the story arc exploring their courtship. The story forms the kalyeserye, which airs on afternoon show Eat Bulaga.
True to the two characters' cheerful and bubbly personalities, the meeting of AlDub was a romantic affair, but not without a lot of humor and surprises.
Yaya Dub awaited her prince onstage, while Alden slowly made his way to her.
But before finally holding each other, the two shared a group hug with Yaya Dub's guardian Lola Nidora, played by Wally Bayola.
"Dumating na hindi inaasahan, binago ang mga buhay natin. Yaya Dub, Alden," said Lola, stepping back to allow them to touch. (What we did not expect has happened and changed our lives.)
"Lola, sandali po (wait)," said Alden, reaching out for a group hug between the 3. After a tearful embrace, Lola left them alone.
The crowd, watching with bated breath, erupted in exhilarated cheers as Alden told Yaya his feelings, face to face.
"Maine, ang tagal kong hinintay tong chance na to, to say that God gave me you. Ang layo na rin narating natin. Dalawang taong naghahanap, and finally nagkita na rin. Salamat sa 'yo," Alden said.
(Maine, I've been waiting for this chance for so long, to say that God gave me you. We've come a long way, two people searching for, and finally finding each other. Thank you.)
The cheers rose to a fever pitch as Yaya, finally allowed to address Alden without obstacles, said this: "Alam mo, pinag-dasalan ko talaga itong araw na 'to. Ganun din naman yung gusto kong sabihin sa 'yo eh: 'God gave me you.' Ang dami na nagbago sa buhay natin, ang daming nangyari, pero ang dami pa rin hindi magbabago. Isa doon, ikaw at ako."
(You know, I really prayed for this day. I actually just want to say the same thing to you: 'God gave me you.' There are so many things in our lives that changed, so many things happened, but there's also a lot of things that didn't change. One of those is you and me.)
The couple's theme song on the segment is "God Gave Me You" by Bryan White.
The couple finally had their first dance together, in a sweet moment that recalls Cinderella's dance with her handsome prince.
Here are more photos below.
Even Lola Nidora felt kilig (giddy) watching them.
After the show, Alden posted this Instagram photo thanking the tandem's fans, AlDub nation.
AlDub's big day:
- AlDub's 'Tamang Panahon' Twitter record
- Photo recap: 'AlDub: Tamang Panahon' with Alden, Yaya Dub, Lola Nidora
- [IN PHOTOS] 'AlDub: Tamang Panahon' fun: Fans flock to Philippine Arena
- #AlDub recap: Lola Nidora's 'tamang panahon' finally gets a date
- WATCH: Lola Nidora, Yaya Dub accept Catholic Social Media Award
- Why does everyone seem to love 'AlDub'?
- The Good, the Bad, and the Sad of the Kalyeserye/Aldub phenomenon
- #AlDub recap: Yaya Dub sings for Alden, fans get an Aldub duet
- Wally Bayola on Lola Nidora, 'AlDub,' Maine Mendoza
- Twitter exec commends #AlDub: 'It's a global phenomenon’
- #AlDub recap: Alden visits Yaya Dub, AlDub takes first photo
- IN PHOTOS: PH stars, fans celebrate 'National Pabebe Wave Day'
- AlDub theme song performer Bryan White coming to Manila
- AlDub fans help #ALDubEBforLOVE pull in over 25 million tweets
- #Aldub: Yaya Dub and Alden finally go on their first date
- #AlDub: That time Yaya Dub and Alden almost met face-to-face
- Filipinos tweeted 12 million times for AlDub's romantic date
- How #AlDub is breaking the Internet
- #AlDub update: The #YaKie wedding
- #AlDub, the story so far: Alden and Yaya Dub's forbidden love
- #AlDub: Yaya Dub and Alden's 'Cinderella' moment
- #AlDub: The fun tandem of Alden Richards and 'Yaya Dub'
- #AlDub: 10 celebrity fans
- Yaya Dub actress doing well after fainting during 'Eat Bulaga'
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.