John Lloyd, Angelica win Star Magic Ball 2014 Couple of the Night
For photos of the couples and twosomes who made their way down the red carpet together, click here.
- Moet and Chandon Fabulous Pair of the Night: Piolo Pascual and Iza Calzad
- Best Dressed male and female: Paulo Avelino and Julia Barretto
- Couple of the night: John Lloyd Cruz and Angelica Panganiban
- The O+ Stars of the Night: Richard Gomez and Gretchen Barretto
The guests were seated at tables surrounding the dancefloor/stage.
To start off the program, singer Martin Nievera, with the help of the ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra, serenaded the crowd with a couple of songs. He walked into the audience of fellow celebrities offering random people the microphone to sings bits of the song.
During his second song, he pulled Richard Gomez into the dance floor and they sang a duet that had the crowd cracking up.
Klarisse de Guzman, whose birthday also happens to be today, then gave her own song performance and ended with a joke: "Thank you for coming to my birthday party!"
Ernie Lopez, Head of ABS-CBN Publishing, then showed the guests a little teaser of the 2015 catalogue, a black and white portrait of a mystery female star, but he never revealed who the cover girl was.
A group of six then took to the stage to sign a lively tribute to the newly re-opened broadway musical, Miss Saigon.
Once the guests had calmed down from the rousing performance, Megan Young, accompanied by the night's host Martin Nievera, announced that she was donating money to the charities of the Miss World Foundation. – with reports from Nile Villa and Alexa Villano/Rappler.com
More Star Magic Ball 2014 coverage here:
- Best Dressed: 15 Stunning outfits at Star Magic Ball 2014
- In Photos: 6 sweet moments at Star Magic Ball 2014
- In Photos: Dashing guys at Star Magic Ball 2014
- John Lloyd, Angelica win Couple of the Night at Star Magic Ball 2014
- Star Magic Ball 2014: Couples, loveteams, tandems
- In Photos: Red carpet, Star Magic Ball 2014
- Stars prepare as Star Magic Ball 2014 approaches
- Star Magic Ball 2014: 7 couples, loveteams we can't wait to see
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.