FULL RECAP: 'The Voice PH' live shows, week 2
MANILA, Philippines – The second week of Live Shows kicked off on Saturday, January 31, with the second batch of singers armed with their selection of songs.
The 4 coaches's top 6 singers competed in a series of performances at Resorts World Manila. This transition to live shows is significant as the public can now vote for the artists they feel should stay in the competition.
The remaining singers have two chances to get through to the next round. The first, via the public vote, and second, via the mentor's choice. The one left will be eliminated.
On Sunday, February 1, the results of the second week were reported. See the results below, as they come in:
Team Sarah Geronimo:
- IN [Coach's Choice] Jason Dy: "Thinking Out Loud"
- Eliminated: Douglas Dagal: "Home"
- IN [Public Vote] Kokoi Baldo: "Love and Devotion"
Team Apl de Ap:
- IN [Public Vote] Mackie Cao: "Making Love out of Nothing at All"
- Eliminated: Bradley Holmes: "You Give Love a Bad Name"
- IN [Coach's Choice]Alisah Bonaobra: "Bituing Walang Ningning"
- IN [Coach's Choice] Rence Rapanot: "Malayo Pa Ang Umaga"
- Eliminated: Arnee Hidalgo: "Crazy In Love"
- IN [Public Vote] Tanya Diaz: "Natural Woman"
Team Lea Salonga:
- IN [Public Vote] Miro Valera: "Wake Me Up"
- Eliminated: Casper Blancaflor: "Chandelier"
- IN [Coach's Choice]Timmy Pavino: "Walang Hanggan"
Mackie Cao opened the January 31 performance show with Air Supply's "Making Love out of Nothing At All."
Jason Dy's rendition of Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" got the crowd cheering. The singer chose this song because he's a big fan of Ed, and he dedicated his performance to his supporters.
Coach Apl called his performance smooth and tastefully done. Coach Sarah G gushed over her mentee, and said, "I fall in love with you every single day! Sobrang galing mo talaga."
Casper Blancaflor explained that the reason why she chose Sia's "Chandelier" was because of her past, saying she struggled with alcoholism. After Casper's performance, Coach Lea called her one of the most dangerous competitors on the show.
Bradley Holmes showed off his vocal chops with Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name." He even jumped off stage as the crowd went wild.
Kokoi Baldo was visibly emotional following his performance, which clearly connected with the crowd. Coach Sarah G pointed out what he previously said, that "music was unity" – something that really struck her.
What do you think of this round of eliminations? Did your favorite make the cut? Let us know in the comments below.