Heart Evangelista gets a sweet surprise letter from father at wedding reception
MANILA, Philippines – Heart Evangelista became emotional when her cousin Happy Ongpauco-Tiu read a letter from her father Rey, who was not present at her wedding to Sen. Chiz Escudero, Sunday, February 15. (IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista marries Chiz Escudero in romantic Balesin wedding)
According to a report from Pep, Mr. Ongpauco did not give any reason for not coming but in the letter, he said he wanted to walk his youngest daughter down the aisle on her wedding day. (IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista in her stunning wedding dress)
"Alam mo, anak, gustung-gusto kita ihatid sa altar. Sino ba naman ang ama ang ayaw makita ang anak sa pinakaimportanteng araw ng buhay niya?
"A lot of things have happened that hindered us from going,” her father said.
(You know I want to walk you down the aisle. I don’t think any father would not want to see his daughter on the most important day of her life right? A lot of things have happened that hindered us from going.)
Heart’s father also asked Chiz to take care of his Heart, now that they are married.
In the end, Mr. Ongpauco said that the time will come when everything between them will be okay.
"If the time comes that we see that you and Chiz are happy and if I see him loving you the way you deserve to be loved, I will come knocking at your door,” Mr. Ongpauco said in the letter.
During the wedding, Heart also gave a special song number for her sisters by singing "Wind Beneath My Wings." They all hugged each other after the song. (IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero at Balesin wedding reception)
Hours after the wedding, Heart posted on Instagram a message with her and Chiz's photo.
"From the restlessness of my youth to the calming of my heart thank you for being my serenity and my home," she wrote. (IN PHOTOS: Celebrity guests at Heart Evangelista, Chiz Escudero wedding in Balesin)
In an interview via Startalk last Saturday, February 14, Heart said that she was was not holding out hope that her parents would come to her wedding. She did give them a message.
“To my mom and to my dad, thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Thank you sa pagmamahal na binigay n’yo sa akin (for the love that you gave me), which made the person I am today... to love the way I love because of you guys. And I know one day you will see how happy I am and I hope that will make the both of you happy too. And no matter what, I will love you and you will always be a big part of my heart so yeah, love you, Mom and Dad.”
Heart has also posted on her Instagram a message for her parents with a locket containing her parents photo and a message fro her dad.
The actress recently reconciled with her parents, who previously stated their disapproval of Heart’s relationship with Chiz in 2013, and even asked Chiz to stay away from Heart. They said that he seduced her with promises he couldn't keep and that he had a split personality, a la Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Hopefully, things are now on the mend. – Rappler.com
More on Heart and Chiz's wedding on Rappler:
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista in her stunning wedding dress
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista marries Chiz Escudero in romantic Balesin wedding
- IN PHOTOS: Celebrity guests at Heart Evangelista, Chiz Escudero wedding in Balesin
- IN PHOTOS: Heart, Chiz get ready for romantic Balesin wedding
- Heart Evangelista's message to parents before wedding to Chiz
- Heart Evangelista gets practical wedding tips from Chiz Escudero
- WATCH: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero's prenup wedding teaser
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista's bridal shower
- Take a look: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero pre-wedding photo teaser
- PNoy best man again, this time at Heart and Chiz's wedding
- Chiz-Heart wedding date confirmed
- Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero engaged
- Heart Evangelista opens up on marriage with Chiz
- Chiz, Heart: Against all odds?