Chiz Escudero on Heart's parents: 'Mahal at tinatanggap ko sila'
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero responded to the letter from Rey Ongpauco, the father of Chiz's new wife, Heart Evangelista.
According to a report from Pep, Chiz went up onstage during the reception in Balesin. Heart’s sister Michelle was suppose to read it, but became emotional, so Heart's cousin Happy reportedly stepped in to read. (IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero at Balesin wedding reception)
In the letter, Heart’s father asked Chiz to love her unconditionally just like the way he and her mother did. Mr. Ongpauco also said that it pained him not to be able to walk Heart down the aisle on her very special day. (IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista in her stunning wedding dress)
Chiz said: Sorry, wala sa programa ‘to. Kay Mich [nickname of Heart’s sister] at kay Happy, may sagot ako sa tanong. (Sorry this is not part of the program. To Mich and happy, I have an answer to the question.)
“Sabi ng daddy ni Heart, mahalagang tanggapin ko siya. (Heart's dad said it is important to accept her.)
“Oo, gagawin ko siya, ginagawa ko yun. (Yes I will do that, and I am doing it.)
“Hindi ko lang siya [Mr. Ongpauco] puwedeng tawaging 'Daddy' o 'Tatay' hangga’t hindi niya sinasabi,” Chiz said. (I just cannot call him 'Daddy' o 'Tatay' until he tells me to do so.)
"Pero nais kong sabihin, mahal at tinatanggap ko sila (Heart’s parents) dahil bahagi sila ni Heart, hindi kailanman puwede alisin yun.
(But I want to say is I love them and I accept them (Heart's parents) because they are part of Heart's life and that can never be taken away.)
Chiz also took the opportunity to thank Heart’s sisters and cousins who were present at the wedding.
Heart also thanked the guests, Chiz and her sisters who helped in the wedding preparations as well as the video presentation.
Heart and Chiz married on Sunday, February 15 at Balesin Island, in a ceremony attended by family and close friends.
The actress recently reconciled with her parents, who stated their disapproval of Heart’s relationship with Chiz in 2013, and even asked Chiz to stay away from Heart. They previously said that he seduced her with promises he couldn't keep and that he had a split personality, a la Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Days before the wedding, Heart posted on Instagram a message to her parents as well as a special note to her dad thanking them for the guidance they have given her through the years. She also gave a short message to her parents in a Startalk interview.
After the wedding in Balesin, Heart and Chiz are busy preparing for the Manila reception scheduled for Wednesday, February 18. – Rappler.com
More on Heart and Chiz's wedding on Rappler:
- Heart Evangelista gets a sweet surprise letter from father at wedding reception
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero at Balesin wedding reception
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista in her stunning wedding dress
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista marries Chiz Escudero in romantic Balesin wedding
- IN PHOTOS: Celebrity guests at Heart Evangelista, Chiz Escudero wedding in Balesin
- IN PHOTOS: Heart, Chiz get ready for romantic Balesin wedding
- Heart Evangelista's message to parents before wedding to Chiz
- Heart Evangelista gets practical wedding tips from Chiz Escudero
- WATCH: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero's prenup wedding teaser
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista's bridal shower
- Take a look: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero pre-wedding photo teaser
- PNoy best man again, this time at Heart and Chiz's wedding
- Chiz-Heart wedding date confirmed
- Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero engaged
- Heart Evangelista opens up on marriage with Chiz
- Chiz, Heart: Against all odds?