Heart Evangelista opens up about post-wedding convo with dad
MANILA, Philippines – Things are looking up for Heart Evangelista, who's had her share of heartaches leading up to her much-publicized wedding to Senator Chiz Escudero.
She said that she and he dad Rey were able to talk days after her wedding in Balesin Island Club Sunday, February 15.
"Nag-usap na kami kanina," she told reporters at her Manila wedding reception. "Kinongratulate niya ako. Sabi niya, 'Happy ako para sa 'yo.’ (IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista in her stunning wedding dress)
"Okay na sa akin yun,” Heart told reporters during their Manila reception at the Blue Leaf Filipinas, Wednesday, February 18. (We talked today. He congratulated me and he said 'I am very happy for you.' That's okay with me.)
When asked if she was hoping her parents would come to the reception, Heart said: "Hindi na siguro. Sobrang nang dami nangyaring na magaganda. Wala na ako mairereklamo pa."
(No; so many beautiful things have already happened. I guess I have nothing to complain about.)
As for the message of Heart’s dad to love her unconditionally, Chiz said:
"Hindi ko na kailangan sabihin pa. Para sa kanya na makita at maramdaman,” he said. (I don't have to say anymore. It is for him to see and feel.)
Fans will remember that Heart and her parents had a falling out after they previously expressed their strong disapproval of Chiz.
Mr. Ongpauco and his wife did not attend the wedding in Balesin, but gave a surprise letter at the reception held at the resort, which Heart’s sister and cousin read. (READ: Chiz Escudero on Heart's parents: 'Mahal at tinatanggap ko sila')
On a lighter note, when asked if she would be open to having twins after their honeymoon, Heart said: "Puwede din. Okay lang din. We’ll see." (It's possible. I am okay with it.)
During the reception, the couple's friends, like Kris Lawrence, Christian Bautista, and Jonalyn Viray performed.
Ogie Alcasid and wife Regine Velasquez also performed onstage, as did Gary Valenciano, who sang "How Do You Know." – Rappler.com
More on Heart and Chiz's wedding on Rappler:
- Chiz Escudero on Heart's parents: 'Mahal at tinatanggap ko sila'
- Heart Evangelista gets a sweet surprise letter from father at wedding reception
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero at Balesin wedding reception
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista in her stunning wedding dress
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista marries Chiz Escudero in romantic Balesin wedding
- IN PHOTOS: Celebrity guests at Heart Evangelista, Chiz Escudero wedding in Balesin
- IN PHOTOS: Heart, Chiz get ready for romantic Balesin wedding
- Heart Evangelista's message to parents before wedding to Chiz
- Heart Evangelista gets practical wedding tips from Chiz Escudero
- WATCH: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero's prenup wedding teaser
- IN PHOTOS: Heart Evangelista's bridal shower
- Take a look: Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero pre-wedding photo teaser
- PNoy best man again, this time at Heart and Chiz's wedding
- Chiz-Heart wedding date confirmed
- Heart Evangelista and Chiz Escudero engaged
- Heart Evangelista opens up on marriage with Chiz
- Chiz, Heart: Against all odds?