MANILA, Philippines – She may have just officially started her reign on Monday, January 4, but Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach already met a few stars when she did media interviews in New York.
In an interview with Inquirer Lifestyle on Tuesday, January 5, Pia admitted to being starstruck upon meeting Samuel L Jackson, during a guesting on LIVE With Kelly and Michael.
“He’s so nice,” Pia said. “I love his movies. I would purposely watch it because he’s there. At sinabi ko ‘yun sa kanya (And I told him that).”
Pia also recounted that she covered her face with both hands when she saw him, and Samuel asked her why she reacted that way. The actor also commented that she looked taller in person.
But what got Pia giddy was Samuel’s wish: “‘I hope to work with you in a Hollywood set one day,'” Pia quoted the actor. “Grabe, ang bait niya; sobrang warm. Tapos nag-selfie kami sa phone niya (Gosh, he’s so nice; so warm. And then afterwards, we took a selfie on his phone.).”
Pia also shared her encounter with actress Eva Longoria, who she met at another interview.
“I was doing an interview for Access Hollywood, tapos biglang pumasok si Eva Longoria. Sabi niya sa akin ‘Hey Pia, congratulations.’ Tapos nung mag-sastart na kami, sinamahan pa niya ako doon sa interview para mag-hi doon sa mga anchor na kausap ko, kasi nasa ibang studio sila. Ang bait niya, sobra.”
(I was doing an interview for Access Hollywood when Eva Longoria suddenly came in. She told me, ‘Hey Pia, congratulations.’ And then when we were about to start, she accompanied me to the interview to say hi to the anchors I was talking to because they were in a different studio. She’s so nice.)
“Tapos sabi niya, ‘You’re so beautiful.’ Sabi ko, ‘You’re beautiful!’ Oh my gosh. Grabe, ang babait nila, super (And then she told me, ‘You’re so beautiful.’ I said, ‘You’re beautiful!’ Oh my gosh, they’re super nice).”
On Super Junior’s Siwon and Tyra Banks
In the same interview, Pia was asked how she feels now that she’s getting attention from other stars such as Super Junior’s Siwon, whom she admitted to having a crush on in the past. Supermodel Tyra Banks also acknowledged her on social media.
In one of his posts on Instagram, Siwon sent a congratulatory message to Pia, and even invited her to watch the group’s next concert.
“I admire them both,” said Pia. “I was a big fan of Super Junior when I was younger. I think I still am now.”
“He’s very cute,” she added, about Siwon. “Of course he still is, especially now that he matured.”
As for Tyra, Pia said that she learned so much from the model’s TV show, America’s Next Top Model (ANTM), especially when she was starting in showbiz and modeling.
“I’ve learned a lot from Tyra Banks watching ANTM. I’ve picked a lot of tips from her na hindi niya alam na naituturo niya sa akin (that she does not know she taught me). So when I found out that she tweeted me – ang tagal kong pinag-aralan ‘yung mga ‘smize'(smiling with your eyes) na iyan (I studied how to ‘smize’ for so long),” she said.
Addressing Tyra, she said: “I really remembered all your tips and tricks that you once mentioned during the show. I really appreciate it.”
Pia is set to appear in more TV shows for her media tour before plunging into her projects for Miss Universe. In one of her interviews, Pia said she respected host Steve Harvey for admitting his mistake, following the mix-up wherein he accidentally crowned Colombia’s Ariadna Gutierrez.
Steve recently spoke about the incident on his radio show for the first time, saying that he tried to reach out to Ariadna to apologize, but never got a response. – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler:
- Steve Harvey releases first statement on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach answers pageant questions in 45 seconds
- Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach on effigy issue, PH homecoming
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach gets her Miss Universe walk
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach’s first interview as Miss Universe 2015
- Stella Araneta on Miss U:’ I’m Colombian but I would choose Philippines’
- Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez speaks up on announcement mix-up
- Colombians burn Pia Wurtzbach, Steve Harvey effigies to ring in 2016
- Colombian apologizes over video of burning Pia Wurtzbach effigy
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach’s New Year message: ‘I’ve never been more proud to be a Filipina’
- See Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a doll
- Artist sketches Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a Disney princess
- Pia Wurtzbach to Miss Colombia: Fate has a plan for you
- WATCH: Miss Universe Germany upset over PH win
- PH’s Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe 2015
- Mix-up seen ’round the universe: Host Steve Harvey announces wrong winner
- WATCH: Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia speak up on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- Pro-US bases? Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach should get a briefing, activists say
- What happened? Netizens chime in on #MissUniverse2015 mixup
- WATCH: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach’s triumphant winning moment
- LIVE BLOG: Miss Universe 2015 coronation night
- Palace, politicians: Thank you, Pia, for this Christmas gift
- Miss Universe 2015 predictions: Who will win the crown?
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach sends out message before finals
- Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach asks #AlDub fans: Support me
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2015 candidates share makeup-free selfies
- LOOK: Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach’s national costume
- IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries
- Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I’m not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach’s official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation