MANILA, Philippines – She didn’t win the title that a lot of people had hoped she would get on Sunday’s coronation night, April 17, but Nichole Manalo says that she is just grateful for what she now has – the Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2016 crown.
However, she also acknowledges the challenges that come along with it. “I’m just very grateful and I know Ms. [Ann] Colis is our Miss Globe 2015. That’s why I know I have very big shoes to fill,” Nichole said during a press conference with the winners backstage.
“Yes, there is a pressure pero (but) it’s a good kind of pressure, kasi (because) I know that I have to try and become the better version of myself.”
She also said that she is very thankful to have her sisters – Miss Universe Philippines 2009 Bianca Manalo and Bb Pilipinas World 2002 Kate Manalo – behind her during her pageant journey. (READ: Beauty queens Bianca, Kate Manalo support younger sister’s 2nd Bb Pilipinas bid)
“They’re very much supportive. [I’m] very much thankful to have my sisters with me during this journey as in sobrang supportive talaga sila. Wala akong marereklamo (They’re totally supportive. I have nothing to complain about),” she said.
Betteer one with audio pic.twitter.com/AuQjfjssR3— alexa villano (@alexavillano) April 18, 2016
Nichole brings the crown home to a family of beauty queens, as their aunt Nenita Ramos was also Bb Pilipinas International 1968. She said, “I’m just very thankful and alam ko na happy sila (I know that they’re happy.)”
In her “thank you” message on Instagram, she dedicated the crown to her dad who passed away in April last year.
“Hello everyone!!! Thank you for your prayers, love and support!!! I’m soooo overwhelmed! I’m now ready to conquer the globe! Your Bb. Pilipinas Globe 2016 and Miss Cream Silk!”
She continued, “Daddy!!! Sabi ko sa’yo pagdalaw ko ulit may crown na ko eh… (I told you that the next time I visit [your grave], I would have a crown with me…) Yeeeey!!!”
Following her sister’s winning moment, Bianca wrote on Instagram, “Congratulations, Nichole! We are so proud of you! Love you! Our Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2016.”
Bianca’s boyfriend, model-actor Fabio Ide, also congratulated Nichole.
“Congratulations to all the winners sa (in) [Binibining Pilipinas 2016] tonight. Big shout out to [Nichole Manalo] for rocking the stage and winning the Binibining Pilipinas Globe 2016. You rocked tonight!!!”
Nichole was a candidate in the 2014 season and only placed in the top 15. In an interview with Coconuts Manila, she said that she decided to try again, inspired by the journey of Pia Wurtzbach, her batchmate and the reigning Miss Universe.
“Kung si Pia nga hindi nag-give up, bakit ako [susuko]? (If Pia did not give up, why should I?) So I tried again,” she said. – Rappler.com
More Binibining Pilipinas 2016 on Rappler:
- Maxine Medina crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2016
- FULL LIST: Winners, Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation night
- Photo recap: Highlights, Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation night
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach’s emotional speech at Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach’s farewell walk at Binibining Pilipinas 2016
- WATCH: Miss Universe PH 2016 Maxine Medina’s Bb Pilipinas Q&A
- WATCH: The moment Maxine Medina became Miss Universe Philippines 2016
- WATCH: Bb Pilipinas 2016 evening gown competition at coronation night
- WATCH: Bb Pilipinas 2016 swimsuit competition at coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: Stars at Binibining Pilipinas 2016
Predictions and live blog
- Bb Pilipinas 2016 predictions: Who will follow Pia Wurtzbach?
- LIVE UPDATES: Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation night
Leading up to coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: 40 Bb Pilipinas 2016 candidates walk the runway at press presentation
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 official swimsuit photos
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas talent show 2016
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 national costume competition
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 candidates in casual wear fashion show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 Parade of Beauties
Get to know the ladies
- IN PHOTOS: Meet the candidates of Binibining Pilipinas 2016
- FULL LIST: Binibining Pilipinas 2016 candidates
- Pia Wurtzbach’s advice for Bb Pilipinas 2016 candidates
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach’s sassy assessment of Bb Pilipinas 2016 hopefuls
- WATCH: ‘Star-struck’ Pia Wurtzbach meets Manny Pacquiao
- Pia Wurtzbach confirms she’s dating Dr. Mike, shares more details
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach shares story behind famous ‘Ako bahala, babawi tayo sa Miss U’ tweet
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.