MANILA, Philippines – The candidates for Miss Philippines Earth 2014 was finally revealed to the media and the public on Wednesday, April 2, at the SM Megamall Events Hall.
The event was highlighted by a ramp modeling contest for the candidates, showcasing their SM green eco-bags wherein Patrixia Sherly Santos of Albay came out victorious. While Mabel Joy Verceles who represents Quezon City sold the most number of eco-bags for the SM Greenbag challenge.
Reigning queens Miss Philippines-Earth 2013 Angelee delos Reyes, Alma Cabasal (Miss Philippines-Earth Water), Nancy Leonard (Miss Philippines-Earth Air), Athina Chia (Miss Philippines-Earth Fire), and Bernadette Aguirre (Miss Philippines-Earth Eco Tourism) also graced the event to meet the new set of candidates.
Since their induction to the pageant, the candidates have participated in an environmental seminar and are set to take on challenges leading up to the coronation night such as a Trivia Challenge, MakeUp Challenge, Catwalk Challege, Styling Challenge, Talent Competition, Swimsuit Competition, Cultural competition, Long Gown Competition, Fashion shows, and more.
This year’s competition will revolve on the theme “Reality in M.E.” The theme is set to capture the “reality in staging a pageant,” opening up preparations, behind the scenes and footage, and information to the audience.
The pageant will also delve into the use of social media further, compared to last year as they promise to use social media networks for announcements and letting fans of the candidates interact with them.
(READ: MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2013)
Miss Philippines-Earth has been held annually since 2001, “in search of the most beautiful and environmentally-friendly woman in the Philippines.”
The winner of Miss Philippines-Earth also gets to represent the country in the annual Miss Earth beauty pageant, competing with other girls from different countries all over the world.
Last year, the Philippines’ bet Angelee delos Reyes was among the pageant’s top 8 finalists.
Here’s the list of this year’s candidates:
- Binalonan, Pangasinan: Catherine Catbagan
- Camiling, Tarlac: Thessa Marie Saavedra
- Dinalupihan, Bataan: Monique Teruelle Manuel
- Gapan City: Ma. Paula Bianca Paz
- Gerona, Tarlac: Marjorie Acuña
- Laoag City: Ma. Theresa Ocampo
- Mariveles, Bataan: Jenn Kristel Gonzales
- Sta. Rita, Pampanga: Angelie Crizelle Ocampo
- San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija: Leslie Ann Pine
- Agoncillo, Batangas: Kaycie Lyn Fajardo
- Cabuyao City: Roanne Refrea
- Cainta, Rizal: Maria Jenny Gonzalez
- Daraga, Albay: Patrixia Sherly Santos
- Malinao, Albay: Anna Czarina Buenviaje
- Rodriguez, Rizal: Nicole Grimalt
- San Nicolas, Batangas: Christine Angel Alvaira
- Santo Tomas, Batangas: Mary Rose Pujanes
- Taytay, Rizal: Anna Carmela Aquino
- Tanauan City: Diane Carmela Querrer
- Trece Martires, Cavite: Joselle Mariano
- Cebu City: Jamie Herrell
- Dalaguete, Cebu: Pircelyn Pialago
- Dueñas, Iloilo: Ma. Bencelle Bianzon
- Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental: Kim Covert
- Iloilo City: Janica Ella Hondrade
- Liloan, Cebu: Crystal Star Aberasturi
- Mandaue City: Hannah Marie Caayon
- Rosario, Northern Samar: Shaimaa Al Najjar
- Davao City: Janelle Tee
- Kidapawan City: Trixie Aira Hipolito
- Jose Dalman, Zamboanga del Norte: Rosebel Bastasa
- Tampilisan, Zamboanga del Norte: Phoebe Ken Diane Estoconing
- Tigbao, Zamboanga del Sur: Jennifer Kaye Allego
- Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay: Cesdianne Daun
- Zamboanga City: Margie Alatan
- Fil-Brussels, Belgium: Ashlejane Alcancia
- Fil-Gold Coast, Australia: Jennifer Hunt
- Fil-Melbourne, Australia: Carmen Baena
- Fil-San Francisco, USA: Rizza-Belen Diaz
- Fil-Sydney, Australia: Melanie Cristine Balagtas
- Caloocan City: Amanda Arbitrario
- Las Piñas City: Mary Laveryn Naluz
- Makati City: Mary Ann Ross Misa
- Marikina City: Karen Michelle dela Paz
- Muntinlupa City: Sarah Theresa Stewart
- Pasig City: Jashmin-Lyn Dimaculangan
- Pateros: Melissa Isabelle Arganda
- Quezon City: Mabel Joy Verceles
- Taguig City: Jodimay Megan Zervoulakos