MANILA, Philippines – She may have fallen short bagging the Miss Philippines Earth 2015 title, but Miss Philippines Air 2015 Chanel Olive Thomas said she is grateful for the experience. (READ: Jake Cuenca’s ex Chanel Olive Thomas joins Miss Philippines Earth)
“Actually I feel really blessed, happy and fortunate for this experience. So for me winning [a title in a pageant] like Miss Philippines Earth was a dream come true and I’m thankful for everyone who supported me and believed in me,” she told Rappler after the coronation night Sunday, May 31.
Chanel said that as Miss Philippines Air, she wants to help campaign in improving the public transportation in the country. (READ: Chanel Olive Thomas on joining Miss PH Earth: I want to bring that change)
“I want to work on improving our public transport. I take jeepneys, I take tricycles and I really feel like if we improve on them, people will likely to do that, and we will be able to reduce the carbon emissions in our country which will produce the air pollution,” she said.
As for her experience in the pageant, Chanel said she will definitely miss bonding with the candidates.
“I actually wanna cry because I am gonna miss the girls so much. They became my ates [sisters]. We’re gonna celebrate after and then probably cry for a bit,” she said with a smile. – Rappler.com
More on Miss Philippines Earth 2015:
- Miss PH Air 2015 Chanel Olive Thomas on Miss PH Earth experience
- Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong on advocacy, preps for Miss Earth
- FULL LIST: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 winners
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong’s winning moment
- PHOTO RECAP: Miss PH Earth 2015 coronation night
- WATCH: Angelia Ong of Manila crowned Miss PH Earth 2015
- WATCH: Swimsuit competition, Miss PH Earth 2015 coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: Evening gown competition, Miss PH Earth 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 cultural costume portion
- LIVE STREAM: Miss Philippines Earth 2015
- Predictions: Who will win Miss Philippines Earth 2015?
- Jake Cuenca’s ex Chanel Olive Thomas joins Miss Philippines Earth
- Policewoman joins Miss Philippines Earth
- FULL LIST: Miss PH Earth 2015 candidates
- IN PHOTOS: 41 Miss PH Earth 2015 candidates at press presentation
- Why policewoman Sofia Loren Deliu joined Miss PH Earth
- IN PHOTOS: 41 Miss PH Earth candidates at the casual wear competition
- Chanel Olive Thomas on joining Miss PH Earth: I want to bring that change