MANILA, Philippines (Updated) - This list shows how major celebrity candidates are doing in the May 2013 election polls.
Celeb candidates who have been proclaimed as winners (official tally to follow):
Joseph "Erap" Estrada (UNA): Mayor of Manila with at least 288,058 votes, won against Alfredo Lim who had at least 257, 631 votes
Isko Moreno (UNA): Vice Mayor of Manila with at least 329,596 votes, won against Lou Veloso who had at least 196,967 votes
Guia Gomez (PM): Mayor of San Juan with at least 29,239 votes, won against Glenn Angeles with at least 6,229 votes and Eduardo San Pascual who had at least 2,040 votes
Jinkee Pacquiao: for Vice Governor of Sarangani with at least 100,715 votes, won against Eleanor Saguigit who had at least 23,917 votes. ABS-CBN reports say Saguigit conceded even before canvassing started.
Celeb candidates who lost the elections:
Annabelle Rama for Representative of Cebu with at least 31,886 votes, lost to Raul del Mar who had at least 118,030 votes. The actress expressed gratefulness in her Twitter account, promising to continue serving the Cebuanos.
Celeb candidates taking giant leads as of May 14, 2:25pm are as follows:
For Mayor of Quezon City:
• Herbert "Bistek" Bautista (LP) - 479,414
• Johnny Chang (Independent) - 46,859
• Henry Samonte (Independent) - 21,521
For Governor of Batangas:
• Vilma Santos-Recto (LP) - 659,456
• Marcos Mandanas Sr. (Independent) - 41,650
• Praxetes Bustamante (Independent) - 4,280
For Vice-Governor of Cavite
• Ramon Jolo Revilla (Lakas) - 394,147
• Ronald Jay Lacson (LP) - 231,105
• Recto Cantimbuhan (Independent) - 97,166
For Representative of Leyte, 4th District:
• Lucy Torres-Gomez (LP) - 96,959
• Eric Codilla (LAKAS) - 70,673
For Provincial Governor of Laguna:
• ER Ejercito (UNA) - 413,552
• Edgar San Luis (LP) - 355,682
For Representative of Camarines Sur, 4th District:
• Aga Muhlach (LP) - 51,731
• Wimpy Funtebella (NPC) - 48,804
Meanwhile, the lag of these celebrity candidates in their local races show that star power isn't everything when it comes to what voters want from their next leaders.
Losing candidates as of 2:25pm are as follows:
For Mayor of Ormoc City, Leyte:
• Edward Codilla (LP) - 32,963
• Richard Gomez (LP) - 31,780
• Macoy Larrazabal (PMP) - 1,485
• Dominador Tan Jr - 35
Representative of Batangas, 2nd district:
• Raneo Abu (NP) - 80,505
• Godofredo Berberabe (UNA) - 78,592
• Christopher de Leon (LP) - 28,997
Representative of Parañaque:
• Gus Tambunting (UNA) - 46,917
• Joey Marquez (Independent) - 39,381
• Pacifico Rosal (Independent) - 2,347
Representative of Camarines Sur, 5th district:
• Sal Fortuno (LP) – 67,217
• Felix Alfelor, Jr (NPC) – 37,408
• Rez Cortez (UNA) – 11,807
Is your bet leading in the 2013 elections?
Mirrored from Comelec 2013 election results data, we bring you latest numbers fresh from the server!
Check out these links to see results from:
See how fast the Comelec election results data is transmitted through the PCOS Transmission Status Map!
Pia Ranada covers the Office of the President and Bangsamoro regional issues for Rappler. While helping out with desk duties, she also watches the environment sector and the local government of Quezon City. For tips or story suggestions, you can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.