MANILA, Philippines – On Feb 10, 2013, Chinese New Year (or Lunar New Year) celebrations usher in the Year of the Water Snake.
Rappler spoke with feng shui expert Dr Andy Tan about what’s in store for 2013. Aside from identifying auspicious elements for this New Year, he presented his predictions for each Chinese Zodiac sign or animal.
You can use the website Astrology.com to know your sign.
Are you a rat, dragon, monkey, or horse? Find out what lies ahead of you this 2013.
Auspicious elements for the Year of the Water Snake
The Year of the Water Snake officially begins on February 10, 2013 and ends on January 30, 2014 which is the start of the Year of the Wooden Horse.
Luckiest direction: North-west
- Face furniture like your bed or office desk in this direction for good vibrations
- If you’re going to have a house or condominium built this year, have it face north-west
Luckiest colors: The colors of water which are blue, green, bluish-green, and black
- Following the characteristics of the snake, this year is a good year to be cautious and wise
- Water is 2013’s element and this promises liquidity, not in the sense of storms and calamities, but in the sense of money-flow. For Asia especially, the economy is looking bright.
- Rats can expect an exceptional year ahead
- They will enjoy success in their careers and investments
- It’s also a good year romantically
- Single Rats are advised to find a partner
- For Rats in relationships, 2013 is a good year to get married
- The Year of the Water Snake will be a very productive year for the Ox
- It’s “collection time” when you’ll finally reap the rewards of previous labors
- Tigers should be more frugal and controlled this 2013
- Hold on to your money
- You can borrow from others but refrain from lending your money out
- Be sure of who you’re dealing with and think transactions through
- Avoid confrontations and arguments
- Rabbits will experience big “leaps of faith” this year and will go through great transformations
- Expect strong financial gains and a promotion in your career
- Dragons will experience a rewarding 2013
- It’s a good time to expand your businesses and take on more opportunities and challenges
- This year will be more productive than 2012
- You can also look forward to improved financial stability
- Although 2013 belongs to this zodiac sign, things won’t look rosy at first for Snakes
- It’s a slow start for the first half of 2013 but things will start to pick up come September
- Your luck will rapidly improve during the last quarter of 2013
- A positive thing about 2013 for Horses is that you will be financially stable
- However, you may experience problems with personal relationships
- Watch out for emotional entanglements. There will be plenty this year.
- The Goat is the blessed sign for 2013
- You can look forward to success in your career which may take the form of awards or promotions
- You’ll be very busy and productive which is why Goats are advised to take a breather every once in a while to avoid “burn out”
- For Monkeys with businesses, it’s time to expand
- Go for the gold and take on more challenges
- It’s also a good year to get married and even travel because these are forms of expansion
- Roosters must use this year to recover and get back on track financially, emotionally, and physically
- They can count on friends and relatives to help them. Lucky stars will also guide them along the way.
- Dogs can expect a more fast-paced life this year because of more offers, opportunities, and work that will come in
- Their pursuit of these new endeavors will be rewarded by positive results
- Dogs can also look forward to strong financial stability
- Although the Pig is the opposite of the Snake, it’s not the end of the world for people with this sign
- Pigs are advised to be health-conscious this year and to refrain from attending wakes to avoid the negative energy
- This is also the best time for Pigs to save money and think through their financial decisions
What is your Chinese Zodiac sign? Do you believe in predictions like these? Why? Why not? Tell us by posting your comments below. Before you do, read the Rappler community and site use rules.
Congratulations and may you prosper! Gong Xi Fa Cai! – Rappler.com