MANILA, Philippines – When Kate Middleton said in April that “babies have their own agenda,” she wasn’t kidding.
July 11 and 13, two speculated due dates for the royal baby, have come and gone with no sign of the tot. As a result, anticipation is higher than ever with many despairing if the baby will ever be born.
Though Buckingham Palace has so far only disclosed that the baby is due in mid-July, one member of the royal family gave a more definite timeframe.
According to Daily Mail UK, Camilla Parker-Bowles, Duchess of Cornwall and wife of Prince Charles, said she and her husband hope the baby will arrive by the end of the week.
“We are all just waiting by the telephone. We are hopeful that by the end of the week he or she will be here,” she said during an impromptu speech at a hospital village in Cornwall on July 15 (July 16 Manila time).
The statement was later confirmed by the Palace. This is the strongest hint from the royal family of the baby’s arrival.
Not until late July?
But there are also speculations that the baby won’t be born until the end of July. According Express UK, Carole Middleton, Kate’s mother, was quoted saying the baby will be a Leo, which means that he or she will be born after July 23.
It seems that both Prince William and Kate didn’t expect their baby to arrive last weekend, July 13 to 14. The Duke busied himself with a charity polo match in Gloucestershire, a two-hour drive from London where Kate is expected to deliver.
Kate also left London that weekend to retreat to her parents’ sprawling estate in Bucklebury.
Anonymous palace sources told UPI.com reporters that the Duchess did this to escape the London heat. It reached 89.4 degrees on July 13, the hottest of the year.
Unlike William and Kate’s home (Nottingham Cottage in Kensington Palace grounds), the Middletons’ mansion has airconditioning, a patio and a pool.
A helicopter is reportedly ready to bring Kate to St Mary’s Hospital in London where she is expected to give birth. – With reports from Pia Ranada/Rappler.com
Read our other stories on the #RoyalBaby:
- David Beckham suggests #RoyalBaby name
- Everyone is ready, but Britain’s royal baby bides its time
- Still no sign of royal baby
- Will to miss birth of #RoyalBaby?
- British royal baby will bear Cambridge title
- What would Kate and William’s royal baby look like?
- William and Kate’s #RoyalBaby countdown
- A lullaby only for the #RoyalBaby
- What will the royal nursery look like?
- Kate names new ship in last solo event before baby
- Prince Charles on Harry, and William and Kate’s baby
- A baby girl for William and Kate?
- What kind of mum will Kate Middleton be?
- Condoms as baby present for William and Kate