RAPPLER RECIPES: Roast chicken pot pie
This down home meal takes only an hour to make.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup diced white onions
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced leftover roast chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- puff pastry squares
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add carrots and sauté until tender. Add leftover roast chicken and stir until heated through.
3. Add cream of chicken soup, stir for 1 minute. Add frozen peas and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Spoon chicken mixture into solo ramekins.
5. Brush ramekin rims with egg wash before sealing with puff pastry squares.
6. Brush puff pastry with egg wash; score with a sharp knife.
7. Bake pies in preheated oven until golden brown and puffy, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Shot exclusively for Rappler at Viking Range Philippines in Westgate, Commerce Avenue cor Filinvest Avenue, Ayala Alabang