Rappler Recipes: Squash and malunggay soup
The rainy season has arrived, and we’re trading in our halo-halo and milkshakes for something warmer and heartier.
This soup dish is packed with good stuff (just look at all that Vitamin C-loaded malunggay!), practically idiot-proof, and is the perfect thing to keep you toasty warm (and possibly stave off those colds) on those wet, rain-drenched days.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2 to 3)
- 1 cup squash, cubed
- ½ cup malunggay leaves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Patis and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cups water
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent, add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add squash.
- Fill pot with enough water to cover ingredients. Cover pot and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Season with patis and pepper.
- Add malunggay and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Shot exclusively for Rappler at Viking Range Philippines in Westgate, Commerce Avenue corner Filinvest Avenue, Ayala Alabang