IN PHOTOS: Day and night in Visions and Trends
MANILA, Philippines - Watching the Visions and Trends show of Philippine Fashion Week (#PhFW) Spring-Summer 2014 last October 26 was like going from night to day and back again, as designers alternately showcased collections that ranged from dark to pastel to earth tones.
- Bo Parcon took on summer wear with soft, flowy fabric in all-black
- Happy Andrada brought the sunshine in with a vintage-inspired collection that reminded this writer of diners and milkshakes
- Jaki Penalosa's organic collection was classy and sexy, sheer enough to pique interest
- Oz Go's subtly-futuristic pastels will suit fashion lovers who love modern, no-nonsense wear
- Santi Obcena's black, white and gray pieces are for the young who dare to show skin
- Xernan Orticio's collection of most-structured pieces are perfect for day to night or work to weekend wear
Here are Rappler's exclusive photos:
You can also read:
- IN PHOTOS: Sleek and simple summer in Pinoy couture
- IN PHOTOS: Bold colors, bright prints at Penshoppe
- IN PHOTOS: Raw talent, student power at Lee
- IN PHOTOS: Fabric and color flow over skin in Pinoy couture
- IN PHOTOS: Pop and classic meet at SM Men's Fashion
- Cocktails with David Gandy, men on style
- IN PHOTOS: SM Shoes and Bags are in tune and on top
- IN PHOTOS: Petit Monde turns Japanese
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.