With Metro Manila under general community quarantine (GCQ), restaurants and cafés are allowed to open at a limited capacity for dine-in customers, with safety measures in place (and even special discounts for the fully-vaccinated).
If you’re starting to become more comfortable dining outside your home – but still want to avoid spending time in public enclosed spaces – here’s a list of food and drink establishments located in Bonifacio Global City, Burgos Circle, and Serendra areas that offer al fresco dining options for solo and group diners.
This Swiss-French restaurant, established in 2010, is known for its premium steak and hand-cut fries paired with their herb butter sauce. The fine dining resto of Genevan origin also offers other European dishes, like their original Swiss cheese fondue, tapas, duck confit, and moules frites.
It is located at the Bellagio Condominium Complex, Forbestown Road, BGC, and is open from 11 am until midnight daily.
The Wholesome Table
Looking for healthier, organic options? Wholesome Table offers plant-based options, gluten-free pastries, soups, salads, pasta, burgers, and wood-fired pizzas. Among their customer favorites are the chicken dukkah salad, miso-glazed salmon, and chicken pesto pizza.
The Wholesome Table can be found at Bonifacio High Street by Ayala Malls. It is open from 11am to 9pm on Monday to Thursday, and 11 am to 10 pm on Friday to Sunday.
If you’re craving for Korean barbeque, Sariwon offers different sets for an indulgent samgyeopsal feast. Their meats include yangnyeom galbisal, deung shim, and bulgogi; their side dishes complete the sets with egg roll omelet, kimchi, and stir-fried zucchini, among others.
They are located at Bonifacio High Street Central and are open from 11 am to 9 pm daily.
Chateau 1771 started as a French bistro along Adriatico Street, Malate and is known for their classic European dishes, as well as some Pinoy favorites. Chateau 1771’s crowd best-sellers are their chicken picatta, gambasetti, beef and mushroom fettuccine, and steak.
They are located on the second floor of One Bonifacio High Street, 5th Avenue, Corner 28th St, Taguig. They are open daily for dine-in from 12 noon to 8 pm.
If you’re looking for a cozy lounge that serves Italian pasta and pizza with cocktails, check out 205. For starters, they have foie gras poutine, beef salpicao, and smoked duck salad. Their main dishes include pan-grilled tiger prawns, lemon butter sole fillet, and their house special surf and turf; these are all served with a side of greens of your choice.
205 can be found at C2, Upper Ground, High Street Central Bonifacio Global City. They are open from 11 am to 12 am on Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 11 am to 11 pm on Sundays and Mondays.
Mamou prides itself with their signature dry-aged rib eye steak, truffle pasta, and must-try key lime pie. They also serve freshly-caught lobsters and king crabs, with a 24-hour lead time.
The premium steakhouse is located at Ground Floor, Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. They are open from 12 pm to 3 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm on Monday to Friday. During Saturdays, 11 am to 3 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm; and Sundays, 10 am to 3 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm.
Kashmir is one of the oldest Indian restaurants in the country and started as a humble family-run business in Ermita. Aside from offering authentic Indian cuisine, they also serve Malaysian, halal, and a few Arabic dishes. Expect chicken tikka masala, palak paneer, beef samosa, as well as different kinds of curry on their menu.
Kashmir is located at Level 3 One Boni, 5th Ave, Taguig and is open from 11 am to 11 pm daily.
Sangria bar Alegria Manila was established in 2017 and eventually expanded to become a restaurant, known for its fusion of Latin American, Asian, and European cuisine. They offer anticucho de lengua, pork ribs confit, tacos, and apple brined chuletas, which come with elote, chimichurri, arroz amarillo, and bean stew.
They are located at the 4F C3 Annex, Uniqlo Bldg., 7th Ave. Corner 30th St. Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. Their store hours are Tuesdays to Sundays from 12 noon to 9 pm.
Mimi & Bros
Patterned after the walk-up bars in Los Angeles, Mimi & Bros offers a “Park ‘N Munch” option for patrons who want to enjoy comfort food in their cars. Aside from their truffle honey butter chicken wings, they are also known for their homemade Lola Ragu pasta, made with beef chunks and slightly sweet tomato sauce.
Mimi & Bros can be found at Ground Floor, Crossroads Building, 32nd Street, BGC. Mimi and Bros is open for delivery, pick-up, and al fresco dining from 10 am to 8 pm on Mondays to Thursdays and 7 am to 8 pm on Fridays to Sundays.
The Moment Group’s Japanese fusion restaurant is open for al fresco diners, serving their popular hangar steak, aburi maki, taco maki, donburi rice bowls, and more.
Ooma is located at Level 1, C3, Bonifacio High Street in BGC, and is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm.
Hailing from Hong Kong, Elephant Grounds opened its first Metro Manila store in in June 2019. The resto-cafe is known for its roasted coffee and ice cream, as well as its comfort food offerings, like egg waffles, avocado pesto toast, and croquettes. They also have all-day brunch options of toast, salad, and sandwiches, as well as rice bowl meals featuring different meats.
Elephant Grounds is located at Lower Ground, One Bonifacio High Street, BGC. It is open daily from 10 am to 7 pm.
Other restaurants in the BGC area include:
- Saboten (Open daily from 11 am to 9 pm)
- Italianni’s (Open daily from 11 am to 9 pm)
- TGI Friday’s (Open daily from 11 am to 9 pm)
- Pier at Claw Daddy’s (Open daily from 11 am to 10 pm)
- Samba (Open daily from 11 am to 10:30 pm)
- Noor (Open daily from 11 am to 12 midnight)
- Brotzeit (Open daily from 11 am to 12 midnight)
- Melo’s Steakhouse (Open daily from 10 am to 12 midnight)
- Wildflour Restaurant (Open from 10 am to 10 pm on Sundays to Thursdays and 10 am to 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
- Sunae Asian Cantina (Open from 11 am to 10 pm on Sundays to Wednesdays, 11 am to 10:30 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 11 am to 12 midnight on Fridays and Saturdays)
- Crisostomo Restaurant (Open from 11 am to 10 pm on Mondays to Thursdays, 11 am to 11 pm on Wednesdays to Saturdays, and 11 am to 10 pm on Sundays)
- La Picara (Open daily from 11 am to 12 midnight)
- Manam (Open daily from 9 am to 10 pm)
- Fuga Bar and Restaurant (Open daily from 11 am to 11:30 pm)
- Wolfgang’s Steakhouse (Open daily from 11 am to 9 pm)
- Locavore (Open daily from 10 am to 8 pm)
- Nikkei Nama Bar BGC (Open from 11 am to 10:30 pm on weekdays and 11 am to 12 midnight on weekends)
- SOUV! By Cyma (Open from 11 am to 7 pm daily)
- M Bakery (Open from 8 am to 10 pm from Sundays to Thursdays and from 8 am to 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
- Pancake House (31st street branch open from 9 am to 11 pm daily)
- Krispy Kreme (Open from 6 am to 11 pm on Sundays to Thursdays and 6 am to 2 am on Fridays to Saturdays)
- St. Louis Cafe (Open from 9 am to 7 pm daily)
- Torch (Open from 10:30 am to 12 midnight daily)
- Single Origin (Open from 7 am to 8 pm on weekdays and 7 am to 9 pm on weekends)
- Abe (Open from 10 am to 8 pm daily)
- Conti’s (Open from 8 am to 8 pm daily)
- Mary Grace (Open from 11am to 10pm on Sundays to Thursdays and from 11am to 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
Paolo Alejandrino is a Rappler intern.