Miss World journey over for PH bet Hillarie Parungao
MANILA, Philippines – It was a good run for Miss World Philippines Hillarie Parungao, but her journey is now over.
Hillarie made it to the Top 10 of the competition, held at the Beauty Crown Grand Theatre in Sanya, China, but stopped short of the Top 5.
Instead, Miss World 2014 Rolene Strauss passed on the crown to Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo.
Aside from being in the Top 10, Hillarie also won the Multimedia challenge, one of the 5 challenges of the pageant. The winner of this challenge has a holistic understanding of all forms of media, and can gather support for her cause by connecting to her fanbase.
Hillarie also placed 3rd in People's Choice, where viewers got to vote for their favorite contestant to make it to the final round. Vietnam won first in People's Choice.
The event was hosted by Miss World 2013 Megan Young, Access Hollywood presenter Tim Vincent, and TV host Angela Chow.
On Facebook, Hillarie posted a message to the people who supported her, saying, "To finish 3rd in the leaderboard is beyond amazing. To finish within the Top 10 is way beyond amazing.
"But the real winners are you guys. I couldn't have won the Multimedia Segment if you weren't so supportive and interactive. I love love love you guys. I also want to thank everyone who helped me in this journey but the list is neverending. Mahal ko kayo (I love you).
"The Filipino is truly worth fighting for. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!"
She later posted a photo of herself with Miss World 2015, Mireia, saying that she will support her during her reign.
The candidates who made it to the Top 10 with Hillarie were:
- SOUTH AFRICA
The Top 5 candidates who made it before the winner was announced were:
More Miss World 2015 on Rappler:
- Megan Young to host Miss World 2015 in Sanya, China
- FULL LIST: Winners, Miss World Philippines 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World PH 2015 candidates
- Hillarie Danielle Parungao crowned Miss World Philippines 2015
- Photo recap: Miss World Philippines coronation night 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Philippines 2015 swimsuit competition
- Search for Miss World Philippines 2015 begins
- Miss World Philippines 2015 predictions: Get ready for a close race
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Philippines 2015 evening gown competition
- Miss World PH 2015 Hillarie Danielle Parungao on her pageant victory
- Miss World PH 2015 Hillarie Danielle Parungao weighs in on China-PH ties
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.