Who is Cloie Syquia Skarne? 10 things to know about the Miss Universe Sweden finalist
MANILA, Philippines – In just a few short days, model, host, and student Cloie Syquia Skarne will compete at the Miss Universe Sweden coronation. Cloie, who is the half-sister of actress KC Concepcion, is one of 15 finalists at the competition, and we can't wait to see the results of the pageant this coming August 28. (READ: KC Concepcion's half sister Cloie Syquia Skarne to join Miss Universe Sweden)
But before that, let's get to know her better. Here are 10 fun facts about Cloie:
- Cloie comes from a family of Filipino stars. Her parents are actor Gabby Concepcion and model Jenny Syquia, and she's half-sisters with Garie and KC Concepcion.
- Garie and KC have been very supportive of their sister. KC even worked out with Cloie while she was training in Manila.
- Cloie has modeled before, but has always wanted to do pageants.
- Even though she's part Filipino, Cloie is competing in Miss Sweden because she grew up and studied there, and most of her friends and family are there too.
- The hardest part of pageant training, for Cloie, is the Q&A.
- The most fun part – walking. Her tips for a good pageant walk are to have good posture, extend your legs, and be confident.
- In her down time, Cloie likes to cook. Her specialty? Swedish pancakes. "My little sister tells me I make the best pancakes in the whole world, so I have to believe her, right?" she said.
- She makes a mean adobo too, usually for her Swedish friends and family.
- Aside from English and Swedish, Cloie can speak Chinese too.
- She's studying Chinese Language and Entrepreneurship at the University of Stockholm. There, Cloie is the treasurer of the student council.
- If Cloie wins Miss Universe Sweden 2016, she'll be competing in the international pageant, which will take place right here in the Philippines on January 30, 2017.