Who is Cloie Syquia Skarne? 10 things to know about the Miss Universe Sweden finalist
MANILA, Philippines – In just a few short days, model, host, and student Cloie Syquia Skarne will compete at the Miss Universe Sweden coronation. Cloie, who is the half-sister of actress KC Concepcion, is one of 15 finalists at the competition, and we can't wait to see the results of the pageant this coming August 28. (READ: KC Concepcion's half sister Cloie Syquia Skarne to join Miss Universe Sweden)
But before that, let's get to know her better. Here are 10 fun facts about Cloie:
- Cloie comes from a family of Filipino stars. Her parents are actor Gabby Concepcion and model Jenny Syquia, and she's half-sisters with Garie and KC Concepcion.
- Garie and KC have been very supportive of their sister. KC even worked out with Cloie while she was training in Manila.
- Cloie has modeled before, but has always wanted to do pageants.
- Even though she's part Filipino, Cloie is competing in Miss Sweden because she grew up and studied there, and most of her friends and family are there too.
- The hardest part of pageant training, for Cloie, is the Q&A.
- The most fun part – walking. Her tips for a good pageant walk are to have good posture, extend your legs, and be confident.
- In her down time, Cloie likes to cook. Her specialty? Swedish pancakes. "My little sister tells me I make the best pancakes in the whole world, so I have to believe her, right?" she said.
- She makes a mean adobo too, usually for her Swedish friends and family.
- Aside from English and Swedish, Cloie can speak Chinese too.
- She's studying Chinese Language and Entrepreneurship at the University of Stockholm. There, Cloie is the treasurer of the student council.
- If Cloie wins Miss Universe Sweden 2016, she'll be competing in the international pageant, which will take place right here in the Philippines on January 30, 2017.
To greater exploration
Our Life & Style section is dedicated to exploring everyday life – from career and relationships to fashion, travel, and culture.
We want to tell more stories that enable and empower your lifestyle. However, we need reader support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.