Megan Young 2nd in Ms World app poll
MANILA, Philippines - The Miss World Organization has officially rolled out the Miss World app for exclusive content on the upcoming Miss World 2013 pageant. It will provide users exclusive interviews of the candidates as well as regular updates on the events leading up to the finals set for September 28 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
“The app will bring extra detail and greater depth [to the pageant], so you can truly immerse yourself in the exciting atmosphere to be found in Indonesia this September,” Miss World said in its website.
How to vote
1. After downloading the app, click on the "Menu" icon on the upper right hand side of the screen
2. Choose "See All Contestants." The page will lead you to the roster of candidates.
3. Click on the profile picture of your favorite candidate. This will lead you to her profile page.
4. To use your free votes, click the "Vote Now" icon on the lower right hand corner of the page. A pop-out window will show you the voting page.
5. Click "I would like to use my free vote." Your vote has been cast.
Can I still vote after consuming the free votes?
You can still vote for your favorite contestant even after you have consumed your two free votes. You can buy a vote for £0.69. Proceeds will go to the organization’s "Beauty with a Purpose" projects.
Until when can I vote?
Voting ends on September 28, 7:30pm [Jakarta time]. The contestant with the most number of votes will be named the People's Champion.
As of writing, Miss World Philippines 2013 Megan Young ranks second to Malaysia's Melinder Bhullar.
Watch Rappler columnist G Tongi's interview with Megan here:
Download the app now and vote for Megan! - Rappler.com
You can also read:
- Mutya Datul is Miss Personality at Supranational 2013
- The beauty pageant experts: OPMB
- Will Megan Young win Miss World title?
- IN PHOTOS: Ms World Ph 2013 coronation
- WINNERS: Miss World Ph 2013
- AS IT HAPPENS: Miss World Ph 2013 coronation night
- Live Blog: Miss World Ph 2013 coronation night
- Girls to watch: Miss World Ph 2013
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Ph Gala
- Mutya Datul off to Ms Supranational
- Beauty pageant 101: The other pageants
- Pageants: It's a man's world, too!
- Big 4: The 'Olympics of beauty'
Drew Francisco is a 23-year-old corporate slave who earned his journalism degree in UST. He regularly contributes articles to Missosology.info, where he is tagged a "pageant expert." He also maintains a blog (angharaya.wordpress.com) dedicated to beauty pageants. He has never missed a live telecast of the Miss Universe since 2007.
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.