FULL LIST: Mutya ng Pilipinas 2014 candidates announced
MANILA, Philippines - The stage is once again set as 30 lovely ladies will compete in this year's Mutya ng Pilipinas pageant.
The candidates were presented to the media on Wednesday, July 23 at the H2O Hotel in Manila. This year's theme is "Mutya ng Pilipinas: Where Beauty Begins."
View photos of the candidates here:
All photos by Manman Dejeto/Rappler
Here is the complete list of this year's candidates:
- 1 Anna Margarette Bascon -Lapu-Lapu City
- 2 Dorina Doerr - Tagbilaran/Heidelberg
- 3 Britt Roselyn Rekkedal -Scandinavia
- 4 Ma. Jackielyn Dulay - Nueva Ecija
- 5 Aivy Mae Castro- Daanbantayan
- 6 Nickah Dela Cruz - Bulacan
- 7 Alexandra Faith Garcia - Zambales
- 8 Renalyn Arinque - Capiz
- 9 Christine Racel -Olongapo City
- 10 Kellie Dione Camoro -Zamboanga
- 11 Beatrice Kathryn Andrada- Canada
- 12 Shanice Aquino - Central Luzon
- 13 Annalita Vizcarra - Murcia, Negros Occidental
- 14 Mary Ryelle Espiritu - Arizona, USA
- 15 Deborah Humpfner -Germany
- 16 Christina De Vries - Toronto
- 17 Maria Leslie Angelina Ghan -Misamis Oriental/Cagayan de Oro
- 18 Cheryl Chen -Tarlac
- 19 Yesley Cabanos -Caloocan
- 20 Candy Cumayas - Bohol
- 21 Kim Fyfe - Australia
- 22 Eva Psychee Patalinjug - Cebu City
- 23 Rosalie Arcenio - Aklan
- 24 Froilene Villanueva - Iloilo
- 25 Patrizia Bosco - Milan
- 26 Gleniffer Perido - Cordilleras
- 27 Angela Aninang -Mabalacat
- 28 Jovilyn Gavan - Davao
- 29 Pauline Edralin -Melbourne
- 30 Aiko Rachelle Caraan - Talisay, Cebu
Three special awards were also given. These are:
- Ms. Ivana Fragrances - 26, Gleniffer Perido
- Mutya Hotel H2O - 4, Ma. Jackielyn Dulay
- Darling of the Press - 25, Patrizia Bosco
The Swimsuit Competition will be held at the Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa in Palawan from July 28-31, while the Long Gown Competition is scheduled to be held in Nueva Ecija, from August 1-3.
This year, three titles are at stake: Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Pacific, Mutya ng Pilipinas -Overseas Communities, and Mutya ng Pilipinas-Tourism International.
Last year's winners, Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Pacific International 2013 Koreen Medina and Mutya ng Pilipinas Tourism International Angeli Dione Gomez will crown their successors.
Medina was declared third runner-up and Queen of Asia/Oceania in Miss Intercontinental 2013, while Gomez won the title of Miss Tourism International 2013/2014.
The 46th edition of the Mutya ng Pilipinas is headed by its president Jacqueline Tan. The pageant aims to bring "beauty tourism," within Asia and the West Pacific.
The main event will be held on August 8 at the Solaire Resort and Casino. – Rappler.com