IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 national costume competition
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – The 40 candidates of Binibining Pilipinas 2016 showed off their elegance onstage as they wore different national costumes, Wednesday, April 6 at the Kia Theater.
The costumes and ternos were designed by the country's top designers.
The top 6 were named, with the winner to be announced on Coronation Night, April 17:
- Bb 3: Angela Lauren Fernando (costume designed by Frederick Peralta)
- Bb 14: Paula Rich Bartolome (costume designed by Joel Acebuche)
- Bb 19: Maria Lina Prongoso (costume designed by Polly Lagyap)
- Bb 27: Dindi Joy Pajares (costume designed by Chery Veric)
- Bb 32: Jennyline Carla Malpaya (costume designed by Jonti Martinez)
- Bb 38: Angelica Alita (costume designed by Bessie Besana)
Here are the ladies in national costumes:
The special awards will be given during coronation night on April 17 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
All photos by Rob Reyes/Rappler
To greater exploration
Our Life & Style section is dedicated to exploring everyday life – from career and relationships to fashion, travel, and culture.
We want to tell more stories that enable and empower your lifestyle. However, we need reader support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.