8 fun facts: Bb Pilipinas International 2016 Kylie Verzosa
MANILA, Philippines – Binibining Pilipinas International 2016 Kylie Verzosa has wowed many people – including avid pageant fans – from the beginning of the competition. With her pretty face and eloquence, there is no doubt that she is a force to be reckoned with. A lot of her followers believed that she had the makings of the country's next representative to Miss Universe.
Although she was not chosen as the Philippines' successor to Pia Wurtzbach, Kylie, 24, now holds the title which has given the country 5 crowns, the most recent one won by Bea Santiago in 2013. Let's get to know more about the lady from Baguio:
1. She is a teacher and an advocate for depression and suicide awareness. According to her profile from Bb Pilipinas, Kylie volunteered for the Natasha Goulbourn Foundation, which aims to educate people about depression and suicide. Kylie is also a pre-school teacher and graduated with a bachelor's degree in business management from the Ateneo de Manila University
2. Kylie is the eldest among her siblings. Kylie revealed this trivia in an Instagram post. She wrote, "My favorite picture. Always wanted to be an only child haha. We're 5 btw (by the way)."
3. This is Kylie's second try in Bb Pilipinas. During last March 29's press presentation, Rappler asked her about what made her decide to try again. Kylie said that she was motivated by last year's outcome, as she only placed in the top 15.
"I'm going for prestige and the top one [Miss Universe Philippines], but if not the top one, the second one," she said. True enough, she was rewarded with the Bb Pilipinas International crown.
4. She looks up to Mexico's Ximena Navarrete as an inspiration. According to Kylie, aside from Pia, she is inspired by Ximena, who won Miss Universe in 2010.
"There's something attractive about her being innocent but exotic at the same time. She exudes beauty with a little bit of twist," she said of the Mexican beauty at the press presentation.
5. Her mother was a former Bb Pilipinas candidate. Like Miss Universe Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina, beauty runs in Kylie's family. Her mother, Gemma Raquel Fausto, was a semi-finalist in 1985.
6. She is a member of PMAP. Like Maxine and Bb Pilipinas Intercontinental Jennifer Hammond, Kylie is a member of the Professional Models Association of the Philippines. She has done ramp and print modeling.
Thank you @mikhailhirang! "Proud ambassador! Choose our way, Headway Vera! Thank you @headwayverasalon & @mikhailhirang Visit us at #fairviewterraces and avail of our P 999 promos! Call (02) 955-21-83 /(0927) 355 88 26. Other branches Tomas Morato, Sm North & Mall of Asia." Photography| @stephencapuchino Studio| @zoomburst Make-up| @crissimbajon & @mikodacanay Hair| @headwayverasalon Styling| @xavieralfonso #beVERAbeautiful
7. She loves to bake. On her profile, Kylie said she loves to bake. She has posted photos of cupcakes and brownies she made herself.
8. She has a devoted group of fans known as Kylie's Angels. Aside from her family, Kylie is grateful for the support of her followers who are called Kylie's Angels.
After the fashion show last April 6, Kylie met with her followers. She posted a photo and wrote, "I was so surprised to see them after the show. It was overwhelming. Thank you, my Angels. I love you!"
The fans of candidate 31 Kylie Verzosa pic.twitter.com/kAQWJNSNql— alexa villano (@alexavillano) April 17, 2016
After her win, Kylie posted this message on Instagram addressed to her supporters: "I am still in awe. I can't believe it. I am ecstatic and overjoyed. I am so grateful to have this moment, it took sometime to sink in."
"Thank you to everyone who supported me, especially to my Angels, you were also the stars of the night. To my parents, you are the best. I love you. To Aces and Queens, Mama Rommel, Mac, Harry, Francis. Thank you for believing and helping me win that night."
She continued, "I'll be representing the Philippines for Miss International 2016 and I promise I wont let you down."
I am still in awe. I can't believe it. I am ecstatic and overjoyed. I am so grateful to have this moment, it took sometime to sink in. Thank you to everyone who supported me, especially to my Angels, you were also the stars of the night. To my parents, you are the best. I love you. To Aces and queens, Mama Rommel, Mac, Harry, Francis. Thank you for believing and helping me win that night. I'll be representing the Philippines for Miss International 2016 and I promise I wont let you down.
More Binibining Pilipinas 2016 on Rappler:
- Maxine Medina crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2016
- FULL LIST: Winners, Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation night
- Photo recap: Highlights, Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation night
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach's emotional speech at Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach's farewell walk at Binibining Pilipinas 2016
- WATCH: Miss Universe PH 2016 Maxine Medina's Bb Pilipinas Q&A
- WATCH: The moment Maxine Medina became Miss Universe Philippines 2016
- WATCH: Bb Pilipinas 2016 evening gown competition at coronation night
- WATCH: Bb Pilipinas 2016 swimsuit competition at coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: Stars at Binibining Pilipinas 2016
Predictions and live blog:
- Bb Pilipinas 2016 predictions: Who will follow Pia Wurtzbach?
- LIVE UPDATES: Bb Pilipinas 2016 coronation night
- Kylie Verzosa tops Rappler poll on Binibining Pilipinas 2016
Leading up to coronation night:
- IN PHOTOS: 40 Bb Pilipinas 2016 candidates walk the runway at press presentation
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 official swimsuit photos
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas talent show 2016
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 national costume competition
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 candidates in casual wear fashion show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2016 Parade of Beauties
Get to know the ladies:
- 9 fun facts: Miss Universe Philippines 2016 Maxine Medina
- IN PHOTOS: Meet the candidates of Binibining Pilipinas 2016
- FULL LIST: Binibining Pilipinas 2016 candidates
- Pia Wurtzbach's advice for Bb Pilipinas 2016 candidates
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach's sassy assessment of Bb Pilipinas 2016 hopefuls
- WATCH: 'Star-struck' Pia Wurtzbach meets Manny Pacquiao
- Pia Wurtzbach confirms she's dating Dr. Mike, shares more details
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach shares story behind famous 'Ako bahala, babawi tayo sa Miss U' tweet
- Nichole Manalo on her Bb Pilipinas Globe 2016 crown
- Beauty queens Bianca, Kate Manalo support younger sister's 2nd Bb Pilipinas bid
- Search for Binibining Pilipinas 2016 begins
To greater exploration
Our Life & Style section is dedicated to exploring everyday life – from career and relationships to fashion, travel, and culture.
We want to tell more stories that enable and empower your lifestyle. However, we need reader support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.