READ: Rachel Peters' final speech at Binibining Pilipinas Coronation Night 2018
MANILA, Philippines – Before Miss Universe Philippines 2017 Rachel Peters crowned her successor on Sunday, March 18, she had her final walk and gave one last message as the reigning queen.
Rachel, who made it to the Top 10 in the Miss Universe 2017 pageant, wore a gown by Val Taguba as she delivered her farewell speech.
"To my loves, mentors and everyone who was part of my journey, thank you for believing in me, and for making me the woman that I proudly am today. My queen sisters, it's been a wonderful year. You will all be forever in my heart. To my family, thank you for being my constant source of inspiration. Everything I do is to make you proud. I love you. Binibining Pilipinas and Madame Stella Araneta, our fairy godmother, thank you for this truly wonderful opportunity."
"To my successor, brace yourself for the long and winding road ahead. This is going to be your most amazing and fulfilling year yet. So enjoy every moment and stay humble. Lastly, to all the Filipino fans, thank you so much for supporting me on the biggest quest of my life. Representing the Philippines at Miss Universe has been a huge honor, and I'm so lucky to have had the support of the most passionate fans in the world. You all make me so proud to be a Filipino. Mahal ko po kayong lahat." (I love you all.)
Catriona Gray was crowned by Rachel at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Catriona is set to represent the country in the Miss Universe pageant scheduled this year. – Rappler.com
Bb Pilipinas Coronation night
- Catriona Gray crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2018
- READ: Miss Universe Philippines 2018 Catriona Gray's winning answer
- Photo recap: Binibining Pilipinas 2018 coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: Binibining Pilipinas 2018 long gown competition
- IN PHOTOS: Binibining Pilipinas 2018 swimsuit competition
- FULL LIST: Winners, Binibining Pilipinas 2018
- FULL LIST: The official candidates of Bb Pilipinas 2018
- Get to know every Bb Pilipinas 2018 candidate
- IN PHOTOS: Meet the 40 candidates of Bb Pilipinas 2018
- IN PHOTOS: The press presentation of the Bb Pilipinas 2018 candidates
- A look back at memorable national costumes of Bb Pilipinas candidates
- IN PHOTOS: National costumes at Binibining Pilipinas 2018
- Beyond the Filipiniana and terno: the Bb Pilipinas 2018 National Costume review
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2018 Parade of Beauties
- Richard Gutierrez to host Bb Pilipinas 2018
- WATCH: These leading Binibining Pilipinas ladies show off amazing abilities
- WATCH: These Bb Pilipinas candidates display a different kind of talent
- Bb Pilipinas: The best bets list
- Bb Pilipinas queens defend Mariel de Leon on 'scripted' remark
- Who's hungry for the crown? Predictions for Bb Pilipinas 2018
- WATCH: Get to know the Bb Pilipinas 2018 candidates
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.