Ms Universe 2013 Gabriela Isler arrives in style
MANILA, Philippines – Her arrival was delayed, but she emerged as fresh and as poised as ever.
In a fitted, vibrant, blue-and-black dress that she accessorized with a large black bag and gorgeous earrings, Gabriela was every inch the fresh-faced beauty queen as she smiled for fans and photographers who showed up to greet her.
Airport fashion is usually characterized by an assortment of sweats, sneakers and hoodies – the more comfortable, the better, and all the better to deal with stressful (but not entirely unexpected) travel hassles like flight delays. Not so for Gabriela, who glided her way through the crowd with a gracious smile and wave.
Gabriela is in town to serve as one of the judges at the 2014 Bb Pilipinas coronation night on March 30. Pop star Emin will also be arriving on March 28, and he will also be performing at the big show at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Aside from her judging duties, Gabriela will also be in the Philippines to help with the ongoing rebuilding efforts for those affected by typhoon Yolanda, in cooperation with Dutch development agency, Cordaid. Gabriela's upcoming itinerary includes a field visit to the Cordaid project sites, and she will be accompanied by president of the Ms Universe organization, Paula Shugart.
Meanwhile, check out more highlights from Rappler's coverage of the 2014 season:
- Bb Pilipinas 2014 top 40 presentation to the public
- Live blog: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Talent Show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 talent show
- Bb Pilipinas 2014 swimwear press presentation
- Live blog: Bb Pilipinas 2014 fashion show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 casual wear fashion show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 national costume competition
- Live blog: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Parade of Beauties
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Parade of Beauties
Leading up to coronation:
- Pop star Emin to perform at 2014 Bb Pilipinas coronation night
- A year after the 'Ariba Walk,' time for Bb Pilipinas fashion show
- Bb 13 Kris Tiffany Janson announced best in national costume