IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 winners' journeys
MANILA, Philippines – The Bb Pilipinas 2014 queens have been announced, and now it’s time to take a look back at the winners’ journeys throughout this year’s pageant.
In January, the top 40 candidates were announced, with a surprising last-minute pull-out of two candidates, who were replaced by Bb 7, Aiza Faeldonia, and Bb 28, Carla Jenina Lizardo.
The final top 40 was first presented to the public on January 31, and the pageant culminated on Sunday, March 30, with the coronation night held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
From start to finish, see the photos from their Bb Pilipinas journeys:
Bb Pilipinas – Universe: Bb 25, Mary Jean Lastimosa
Victory is sweet this year for MJ; this is her third time joining Bb Pilipinas. In her first run in 2011, she was actually the 2nd runner-up; she joined again in 2012 but did not make it to the top 5.
For the 26-year-old entrepreneur from North Cotabato, fitness and health are very important; she actually established her own slimming center in Davao. Her physique also won her a Best in Swimsuit award on coronation night.
Bb Pilipinas – International: Mary Anne Bianca Guidotti
24-year-old Mary Anne is a Technical Assistant of the Executive Director at the Community and Family Services International, and she’s also trilingual – she speaks fluent Portuguese. She has said that exploring different cultures is important to her – perfect as she will go on to compete for the title of Ms international 2014.
Mary Anne also took home the Best in Long Gown award.
Bb Pilipinas – Supranational: Yvethe Marie Santiago
20-year-old Yvethe, who hails from Bicol, was a crowd favorite on coronation night, with a legion of supporters cheering at every mention of her name. Previously, she was Miss Bicolandia 2012 and Mutya ng Magayon 2011 1st runner-up, plus she was the Philippine representative to World Miss University 2010 in South Korea.
Aside from her Bb Pilipinas – Supranational win, Yvethe also took home the Miss Cream Silk and Bb Avon special awards.
Bb Pilipinas – Intercontinental: Kris Tiffany Janson
This victory is an emotional one for Kris; she has previously said that her late father was her inspiration to do well throughout her journey. At 23, Kris is the first ever to wear the Bb Pilipinas – Intercontinental crown.
She’s also been a crowd favorite, and gained much momentum after her stunning turn onstage in a white Cary Santiago creation at the Fashion Show. She also won two special awards: Best in National Costume and Most Photogenic.
Bb Pilipinas – Tourism: Parul Shah
Parul, 25, is another returning Bb Pilipinas candidate. She first joined Bb Pilipinas in 2013, and actually placed in the top 15. Parul is half-Indian and half-Filipino, and is fluent in several languages: Hindi, Arabic, Gujarati, Ilocano, Filipino, and English. Will this help her as she moves on to compete for the Ms Tourism International?
Throughout 2014, these winners will go on to compete in the international pageants. Follow Rappler as the rest of the pageant year unfolds. – Rappler.com
Official photos courtesy of Bb Pilipinas organizers. Swimsuit press presentation photos by Jose Del/Rappler. All other photos by Mark Cristino/Rappler
Check out the rest of our Bb Pilipinas 2014 coverage.
2014 Coronation Night
- FULL LIST: Winners at the Bb Pilipinas 2014 coronation night
- 2014 Bb Pilipinas LIVE BLOG
- In photos: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Swimsuit Competition
- In photos: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Evening Gown Competition
- Bb Pilipinas 2014 top 40 presentation to the public
- Live blog: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Talent Show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 talent show
- Bb Pilipinas 2014 swimwear press presentation
- Live blog: Bb Pilipinas 2014 fashion show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 casual wear fashion show
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 national costume competition
- Live blog: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Parade of Beauties
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2014 Parade of Beauties
Leading up to coronation:
- Pop star Emin to perform at 2014 Bb Pilipinas coronation night
- A year after the 'Ariba Walk,' time for Bb Pilipinas fashion show
- Bb 13 Kris Tiffany Janson announced best in national costume
- Ms Universe 2013 Gabriela Isler arrives in style
- Gabriela Isler's advice for aspiring queens: Be 'confident,' 'real'