WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
MANILA, Philippines – It's a sweet victory like no other for Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, who finally won the Miss Universe PH crown on her third and likely final try, at the Bb Pilipinas 2015 coronation night Sunday, March 15, at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Reigning queen MJ Lastimosa shared a hug with Pia. This is a big moment for both ladies – MJ also won the crown last year, and also on her third try.
Watch the incredible winning moment here, an emotional triumph for Pia.
Then, watch Pia's Q&A portion here:
Follow Rappler for more on Bb Pilipinas 2015:
- WATCH: The moment Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
- FULL LIST: Winners, Bb Pilipinas 2015 coronation night
- POLL: Who should be Miss Universe Philippines 2015?
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2015 evening gown competition
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2015 swimsuit competition at coronation night
- PHOTO RECAP: Bb Pilipinas 2015 coronation night
- Live updates: Bb Pilipinas 2015 coronation night live blog
Leading up to coronation night:
- See the ladies at the Parade of Beauties
- Bb Pilipinas 2015 candidates take to the runway at casual wear fashion show
- The Bb Pilipinas 2015 national costume competition
- Bb Pilipinas candidates at the 2015 talent show
- See the ladies at the press presentation in colorful swimsuits
- Official swimsuit portraits
Get to know the ladies:
- Deaf candidate Christine Balaguer removed from Bb Pilipinas 2015
- Melanie Marquez's advice for niece Wynwyn
- Joey Marquez's daughter Wynwyn among Bb Pilipinas 2015 hopefuls
- The elements of a winning pageant look
- Toni, Xian to host Bb Pilipinas coronation
All photos by Mark Cristino/Rappler
To greater exploration
Our Life & Style section is dedicated to exploring everyday life – from career and relationships to fashion, travel, and culture.
We want to tell more stories that enable and empower your lifestyle. However, we need reader support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.