Binibining Pilipinas 2013 winners crowned
MANILA, Philippines - Binibining Pilipinas crowned its 50th batch of beauty queens Sunday night April 14 in a star-studded golden anniversary celebration held at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City.
The big winner of the night was Laguna-native Ariella Arida, who was crowned Bb Pilipinas Universe. Other big winners were:
- Bb 20 Bea Rose Santiago - Bb Pilipinas-International
- Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul - Bb Pilipinas-Supranational
- Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda - Bb Pilipinas-Tourism
- Bb 15 Pia Wurtzbach - First runner up
24-year-old Arida is a BS Chemistry graduate from the University of the Philippines, Los Baños.
Special awards were also handed out to the following:
- Miss Friendship: Bb 21 Lourenz Grace Remetillo
- Miss Talent: Bb 10 Anna Carmela Aquino
- Best in National Costume: Bb 37 Alaine Baccay
- Manila Bulletin Readers' Choice Award: Bb 22 Ellore Noelle Punzalan
- Bb Petron: Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda
- Miss Photogenic: Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul
- Best in Evening Gown: Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul
- Best in Swimsuit: Bb 41 Ariella Arida
- Bb Pilipinas-PAGCOR: Bb 45 Imelda Schweighart
- Bb Philippine Airlines: Bb 4 Nicole Kim Donesa
- Bb Avon: Bb 20 Bea Rose Santiago
- Bb San Miguel Zero Fit and Sexy Body: Bb 15 Pia Wurtzbach
- Cream Silk Beyond Beautiful Woman: Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda
The top 15 finalists were:
- Bb 41 Ariella Arida
- Bb 45 Imelda Schweighart
- Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul
- Bb 34 Grace Yann Apuad
- Bb 13 Charmaine Elima
- Bb 43 Rhea Nakpil
- Bb 46 Amanda Noelle Navasero
- Bb 22 Ellore Noelle Punzalan
- Bb 20 Bea Rose Santiago
- Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda
- Bb 12 Camille Carla Nazar
- Bb 31 Maria Angelica de Leon
- Bb 25 Merry Joice Respicio
- Bb 15 Pia Wurtzbach
- Bb 33 Parul Shah
Binibining Pilipinas celebrates 50 years of beauty this year. Since its inception in 1964 they have been able to produce 2 Miss Universe winners (Gloria Diaz in 1969 and Margie Moran in 1973) and 3 Miss International Winners (Aurora Pijuan in 1970, Melanie Marquez in 1979, and Precious Lara Quigaman in 2005).
The pageant has had consecutive success at the Miss Universe Pageant over the last 3 years placing 4th runner up in 2010 (Venus Raj), 3rd runner up in 2011 (Shamcey Supsup), and 1st runner up in 2012 (Janine Tugonon).
What do you think of this year's batch of winners? Let us know by posting your comments below. - With reports from Kai Magsanoc/Rappler.com
To greater exploration
Our Life & Style section is dedicated to exploring everyday life – from career and relationships to fashion, travel, and culture.
We want to tell more stories that enable and empower your lifestyle. However, we need reader support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.