Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong on advocacy, preps for Miss Earth
MANILA, Philippines –Newly crowned Miss Philippines Earth 2015 Angelia Ong said that she wants to be a a proactive queen during her reign.
“I want to be remembered as a queen who really did her job. Alam mo yung glitz and glamour will always be there. I want na maalala nila na (they'll remember) I was proactive and implemented real projects, and [I want] to inspire to take care of our environment,” Angelia told reporters after the coronation night Sunday, May 31 at the Mall of Asia Arena.
Angelia said that she plans to focus on restoration, reforestation and reducing carbon emission during her reign.
“Meron kasi akong ginawang ( I am doing a) campaign called We Will Because We Can. This year ang theme ng Miss PH Earth is Eco-Tourism. So since I’m in Manila and wala na masyadong (there is really no) eco-tourist spot doon, I would like to focus on restoration and reforestation and minimizing our carbon footprint. Sana I will be able to inspire more people to change their lifestyle.”
As for her preparations for Miss Earth 2015, Angelia said that while she has yet to really prepare herself, she admits the pressure is there since the current title holder is the Philippines’ Jamie Herrell.
“Actually hindi ko pa naiisip,(not thinking about it) but I think I would work on my body kasi hindi ako marunong mag-gym (I do not know how to work out in the gym) and aside from that I’ll probably study more. A Miss Philippines Earth is not just about beauty, but also you have to fight for your advocacy.”
She dedicates her win not only to her family but also the people of Manila. She said the title is a great gift to the city, since they will celebrate the Araw ng Maynila on June 24.
A working student taking up Marketing Management at the College of St. Benilde, Angelia said she will be graduating soon. Aside from her duties as Miss Philippines Earth, she also does consultation work for the City of Manila, works in a marketing firm, and does hosting events. –Rappler.com
More on Miss Philippines Earth 2015:
- Miss PH Air 2015 Chanel Olive Thomas on Miss PH Earth experience
- Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong on advocacy, preps for Miss Earth
- FULL LIST: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 winners
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong's winning moment
- PHOTO RECAP: Miss PH Earth 2015 coronation night
- WATCH: Angelia Ong of Manila crowned Miss PH Earth 2015
- WATCH: Swimsuit competition, Miss PH Earth 2015 coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: Evening gown competition, Miss PH Earth 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 cultural costume portion
- LIVE STREAM: Miss Philippines Earth 2015
- Predictions: Who will win Miss Philippines Earth 2015?
- Jake Cuenca’s ex Chanel Olive Thomas joins Miss Philippines Earth
- Policewoman joins Miss Philippines Earth
- FULL LIST: Miss PH Earth 2015 candidates
- IN PHOTOS: 41 Miss PH Earth 2015 candidates at press presentation
- Why policewoman Sofia Loren Deliu joined Miss PH Earth
- IN PHOTOS: 41 Miss PH Earth candidates at the casual wear competition
- Chanel Olive Thomas on joining Miss PH Earth: I want to bring that change
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.