Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
MANILA, Philippines – Pageants are high-pressure events and many a contestant have been known to stumble and fall.
In the 2015 Miss Universe preliminary competition, Miss Myanmar had a minor onstage fall, but the candidate was able to recover quickly and gracefully. (READ: Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition)
May Thaw struggled to walk down the steps in her tight gown and high heels during the evening gown portion of the event.
The audience gasped as May landed on her bottom, but she quickly stood back up. May clapped a bit and motioned for the audience to cheer as she gracefully smiled and continued to walk the stage without further incident.
As the host, Nick Teplitz said, it was a great recovery.
The preliminary competition of Miss Universe 2015 was held at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on Wednesday, December 16 (Thursday, December 17 in Manila).
Aside from the evening gown portion of the pageant, it also included the swimsuit competition. Out of the 80 contestants during the preliminaries, only 15 will move on to the final competition on December 20 (December 21 in Manila).
What did you think of Miss Universe Myanmar May Thaw's stumble and recovery? Let us know in the comments! – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler:
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I'm not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation
- N PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach's official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- HIGHLIGHTS: Miss Universe 2014 coronation night
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown