PH stars react to Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's win
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines' own Pia Wurtzbach won the Miss Universe 2015 crown Sunday night, December 20 (December 21,Manila time), and many of her Filipino supporters, including Pia's celebrity friends and colleagues, took to social media to express their delight.
This year's Miss Universe coronation night was held at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. It was an eventful night, as host Steve Harvey initially announced that Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez was the winner instead of Pia.
Steve and Miss Universe have since apologized, and Ariadna and Pia have both commented on the incident.
Still, Filipinos – including the celebrities – have reason to celebrate. Not only did Pia win, but she's the first Pinay to win the title since Margarita Moran in 1973.
Check out what the celebs have to say about Pia's win below:
You were 12 and I was 13. We had nothing but BIG dreams. I remember we would choose to buy food in Mini Stop instead of Brother's Burger in ABS because we only had little money. We would patiently go to workshop every single day because we wanna be big stars! We would wait for hours at taping because our scenes were only very few. We even shared one role in a movie. I will never forget those days. Simple and days made up of dreams. And now, it's so nice to know that we've both come so far. We're both blessed, in our own way, and I must say, 2015 is both our year! I am very glad also that you have found a deep relationship with the Lord. CONGRATULATIONS MISS UNIVERSE! I am equally proud of you before as I am proud of you now. You have such a good and kind heart. You totally deserve this! Congratulations P! Love you! @piawurtzbach
What an amazing journey and life story of pure patience, perseverance and prayer. Sincerely proud of this moment. #MissUniverse2015— Gabriel Valenciano (@gabvalenciano) December 21, 2015
Pinay girl group 4th Impact tweeted Pia congratulations.
Albert Andrada, who designed Pia's evening gown and national costume, said this on Instagram.
Other designers reacted to her win too.
CONGRATULATIONS to the new MISS UNIVERSE...Miss PHILIPPINES...although we lost our moment in rejoicing the final announcement (what a sad mistake from the host) I'm still happy and proud...Congratulations also to my Ume Albert Andrada @albertandrada and Jonas Antonio Gaffud @jonasofmercator... #philippines #missuniverse #pinoypride...
- PH's Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe 2015
- Mix-up seen 'round the universe: Host Steve Harvey announces wrong winner
- WATCH: Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia speak up on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- Pro-US bases? Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach should get a briefing, activists say
- What happened? Netizens chime in on #MissUniverse2015 mixup
- WATCH: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's triumphant winning moment
- LIVE BLOG: Miss Universe 2015 coronation night
- Palace, politicians: Thank you, Pia, for this Christmas gift
- Miss Universe 2015 predictions: Who will win the crown?
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach sends out message before finals
- Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach asks #AlDub fans: Support me
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2015 candidates share makeup-free selfies
- LOOK: Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's national costume
- IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries
- Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I'm not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- N PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach's official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation
- HIGHLIGHTS: Miss Universe 2014 coronation night