Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters to visit Manila
MANILA, Philippines – The Miss Universe Organization confirmed that 2017 winner Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, along with 2016 queen Iris Mittenaere and a number of other pageant ladies, are set to arrive in the Philippines very soon.
"It’s happening... The reigning #MissUniverse Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, #MissUniverse 2016 Iris Mittenaere and some of this year’s contestants are heading to the Philippines!," a post on the pageant's Instagram page said.
"They’re looking forward to the incredible hospitality of Department of Tourism - Philippines, seeing some of the 7,107 Islands, being a part of DOT’s Women Of Significance Gala Night, and the #MissUniverse Fashion Show," the post read.
The Department of Tourism also confirmed the news on Facebook. However, there is no date yet for the trip.
No details of the tour have been released, but Manila Bulletin reported that the ladies will have a meet and greet session, fashion show, and gala event.
The visit will be a second one for Iris, who was crowned in Manila last January, while this will be one of the first out of the country tours for Demi-Leigh, who won the title last November 26 in Las Vegas.
The country's bet Rachel Peters finished as part of the Top 10 finalists. – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler
- Fil-Am modeling director to judge Miss Universe 2017 preliminary competition
- LOOK: Philippines, Indonesia are Miss Universe 2017 roomies
- CONFIRMED: Miss Universe 2017 to be held in Las Vegas, USA
- Nia Sanchez,Tegan Martin on life after Miss Universe
- Pia Wurtzbach to judge Miss Universe 2017
- What Pia Wurtzbach reminded Rachel Peters to do in Miss Universe 2017
- WATCH: Know more about Rachel Peters in her Miss Universe introduction video
- LOOK: Rachel Peters' national costume for Miss Universe 2017
- IN PHOTOS: Rachel Peters at the Miss Universe 2017 preliminaries
- 5 ways to help Miss Universe PH Rachel Peters make it to the Top 15
- RAPPLER EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Cecilio Asuncion
- PH stars call on fans to support Rachel Peters in Miss Universe 2017
- WATCH: Rachel Peters' message for Filipino fans as Miss Universe 2017 approaches
- Predictions: Who will be Miss Universe 2017?
- 8 fun facts: Meet Miss Universe PH 2017 Rachel Peters
- Rachel Peters felt 'betrayed' over 'leaked' photo of evening gown
- WATCH: Interview with Rachel Peters' mentor Rodgil Flores
- PH's Rachel Peters in Miss Universe 2017 Top 16
- These 3 countries made their Miss Universe debut at the 2017 pageant
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2017 swimsuit competition
- Rachel Peters ends journey in Miss Universe 2017
- LOOK: The Top 3 for Miss Universe 2017
- South Africa's Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters crowned Miss Universe 2017
- Meet Miss Universe 2017 Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters
- IN PHOTOS: Philippines' Rachel Peters at Miss Universe 2017 coronation
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2017 evening gown competition
- LOOK: Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere wears Michael Cinco gown
- Miss Universe 2017: Mikimoto crown makes a comeback
- PH stars congratulate Rachel Peters for Top 10 finish in Miss Universe 2017
- The highs and lows at Miss Universe 2017
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.