IN PHOTOS: Catriona Gray visits Young Focus, Love Yourself, Smile Train
MANILA, Philippines – After the parades, presscons and courtesy calls, Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray finally had a chance to visit the charities she'd been supporting even before she bagged the coveted Mikimoto crown.
On Wednesday, February 27, Catriona dropped by Young Focus in Tondo, an organization she's been working with prior to her pageant days. Young Focus is an organization dedicated to making sure children in Tondo are able to finish their education.
Aside from bonding with the kids, Catriona also sang "We're In this Together," a song she released to raise funds for the organization.
After Young Focus, Catriona went to Love Yourself, an organization that works to raise awareness on HIV and AIDS issues. In a previous interview, Catriona talked about getting involved in the group because fo a close friend who died due to an HIV-related condition.
She then went to Smile Train in Quezon City. The group helps children with cleft palates get operations. Catriona was accompanied by Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc (BPCI) chairperson Stella Araneta.
Catriona then visited Father Tony Labiao’s charity in Commonwealth, Quezon City.
Wednesday, February 27, is the last day of Catriona's official activites for her homecoming as Miss Universe 2018. She'll be staying in the country a little longer for other work commitments before she flies out with her Miss Universe team. – Rappler.com
Editor's Note: In an earlier version of this report, we mistakenly called one of the charities "Operation Smile." It should be "Smile Train." This has since been corrected.
- Miss Universe 2018 is the Philippines' Catriona Gray
- Where you can catch Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray during her homecoming parade
- What to expect from Catriona Gray's grand homecoming
- LOOK: Catriona Gray's outfits during day 1 of her homecoming
- IN PHOTOS: Bb Pilipinas 2018 queens reunite for photoshoot
- Think twice about lowering age of criminal responsibility – Catriona Gray
- Catriona Gray sees pageantry as a path promoting inclusivity of shapes, sizes
- WATCH: Catriona Gray shows you how to get pageant-ready in Vogue video
- LIVE UPDATES: Catriona Gray's homecoming
- How Miss Universe changed Catriona Gray's life
- LOOK: Catriona Gray's lava-inspired float
- A queen comes home: Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray is back
- LOOK: Catriona Gray's sampaguita-inspired outfit for homecoming parade
- Catriona Gray reminds voters: Educate yourselves
- IN PHOTOS: Catriona Gray's homecoming parade
- Catriona Gray wants to promote Philippine culture, destinations
- LOOK: Catriona Gray's sun-inspired earrings
- Rappler Talk Entertainment: Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray
- LOOK: Catriona Gray's Miss Universe photo by Fadil Berisha
- LOOK: Catriona Gray limited edition stamp unveiled
- Child Rights Network: Catriona Gray speaks more sense than Panelo on criminal liability age
- Waiting for a queen: Catriona Gray’s fans welcome her home
- Miss Universe Philippines franchise stays with Bb Pilipinas – report
- IN PHOTOS: Catriona Gray's homecoming parade at the Araneta Center
- IN PHOTOS: Catriona Gray celebrates with fans in 'Raise Your Flag' show
- Robredo thanks Catriona Gray for presenting 'the best of the Filipino'
- IN PHOTOS: All of Catriona Gray's stunning looks during the 'Raise Your Flag' special
- Puyat commends Catriona Gray for efforts in promoting the Philippines
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.