Megan Young makes cut in Miss World 2013 beach fashion
MANILA, Philippines - Miss World Philippines 2013 Megan Young emerged a finalist from the Beach Fashion elimination held Sept 9 in Bali, Indonesia.
In the first part of the elimination, Megan competed with 129 other candidates to land in the semi-finals:
- Czech Republic
- US Vitgin Islands
- China PR
- South Sudan
- Cote D'Ivoire
After the second part of the elimination, Megan was part of the Top 11:
- China PR
According to the Miss World website, a special photoshoot will take place on Sept 10 to determine the winner. The name of the winning candidate will be announced on Sept 28 at the coronation night.
Earlier on Sept 9, the Sports Challenge was also conducted, wherein 116 candidates took part. They were divided into 4 groups and asked to perform 4 fitness exercises at 30 seconds per exercise. After each routine, the total number of repetitions per candidate were added to come up with a total score.
The top 4 candidates from each group will compete in the Sept 10 Sports Challenge finals, with one reserve candidate ready to step in if a member of their team suddenly cannot compete.
According to the Miss World website, the finalists will go through 6 activities to determine the winner. Candidates who did not make the cut will still be there to cheer on their respective teammates.
Megan posted this video in her Miss World - Philippines official Facebook page after an early morning of releasing turtles to the sea. She named her turtle Manila.
Watch the video:
You can also read:
- Miss World 2013 begins despite Muslim hardline protests
- Indonesia moves Miss World final to Bali after protests
- Mutya Datul is Miss Supranational 2013
- AS IT HAPPENS: Miss Supranational 2013
- Miss World 'smut, pornography'
- Miss World organizers defend Indonesia pageant
- Megan Young leaves for Indonesia
- Indonesian Muslim hardliners protest against Miss World
- Megan Young ready for Miss World 2013
- Indonesian minister wants cancellation of Miss World
- Indonesian rights official rejects Miss World
- Sash Factor and PH pageant mania
- Megan Young 2nd in Ms World app poll
- Mutya Datul is Miss Personality at Supranational 2013
- The beauty pageant experts: OPMB
- Will Megan Young win Miss World title?
- IN PHOTOS: Ms World Ph 2013 coronation
- WINNERS: Miss World Ph 2013
- AS IT HAPPENS: Miss World Ph 2013 coronation night
- Live Blog: Miss World Ph 2013 coronation night
- Girls to watch: Miss World Ph 2013
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Ph Gala
- Mutya Datul off to Ms Supranational
- Beauty pageant 101: The other pageants
- Pageants: It's a man's world, too!
- Big 4: The 'Olympics of beauty'
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.