In Where I’ve Been, Rappler features an unforgettable destination perfectly captured in one shot – one beautiful moment forever preserved, one beautiful story told in a photograph.
Do you have a great picture and an epic story to share? Send it to email@example.com and get in touch with us.
Where was this photo taken?
This was taken at Barangay Binuclutan, Botolan, Zambales, where we stayed at the Rama Beach Resort.
We went to Botolan in Zambales to do a pre-wedding photoshoot for Nesza Salvador’s sister Crystal Nieto and her partner Paulo Domingo. Nesza and her boyfriend Patrick Asuncion joined us for a quick beach break off their busy schedules.
To cap off shooting the soon-to-weds, we had snacks and drinks by the beach, under the night sky. Way past midnight, I noticed the stars were much more visible than usual. I thought of doing an extra set for Crystal and Paulo but they were nowhere to be found, and were probably sleeping already.
Nesza and Patrick were game right away when I asked if I could photograph them with the stars. We walked a few meters away from the bright lights of Rama Beach Resort so we could photograph the stars more clearly with the couple. It took a few test shots to get the perfect shot.
We went there via private van; the groom drove. It took us almost 6 hours to get to Rama Beach Resort from Crystal’s house in Fairview. Did a quick stop for breakfast in Olongapo. We arrived in Botolan at around 11 am.
Any other tips for travelers?
Sleep by the beach! As in not inside a structure. I slept in a small kubo outside our cottage. The sound of waves crashing on the shore, and the cool midnight breeze was so relaxing. – Rappler.com
More [Where I’ve Been]:
- [Where I’ve Been] At Kawasan Falls, blue is the color of fun
- [Where I’ve Been] Catching a shooting star at Malabrigo Beach, Lobo, Batangas
- [Where I’ve Been] The Enchanted River of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur
- [Where I’ve Been] Glorious Lake Carolina in Davao Oriental
- [Where I’ve Been] Canyoneering in Alegria, Cebu
- [Where I’ve Been] For this traveler, PH’s Manjuyod Sandbar is ‘Maldives of the Philippines’
- [Where I’ve Been] Magic hour at mesmerizing Lake Holon
- [Where I’ve Been] A surreal experience at Lake Bababu in the Dinagat Islands
- [Where I’ve Been] The hypnotic ‘Blue Lagoon’ of Maguindanao