[Where I've Been] Catching a shooting star at Malabrigo Beach, Lobo, Batangas
In Where I've Been, Rappler features an unforgettable destination perfectly captured in one shot – one beautiful moment forever preserved, one beautiful story told in a photograph.
Do you have a great picture and an epic story to share? Send it to email@example.com and get in touch with us.
Where was this photo taken?
Photographer Rob Reyes caught this rare shot of a shooting star in Malabrigo, a pebbly beach in Lobo, Batangas.
"I had just finished shooting sunset along the beach and was wrapping up all my gear, when I turned my head the other way and saw a lovely cloud forming above. I again set up my camera to capture the scene; setting up the camera contols to capture long exposure," he says.
"The camera compiled a few frames, and one of them captured a single falling star. Call that very, very, very lucky."
How do you get there?
From Buendia-Taft in Manila, take the bus bound for Batangas Pier and ask the conductor to drop you off at the Grand Terminal. This will cost you a bit more than P120.
At the terminal take the Batangas City-Balagtas route jeepney (around P10), and tell the driver to drop you off at the Lobo Jeepney Terminal. From there, you can get a jeep bound for Lobo (around P50).
At the town proper of Lobo, take a tricycle from the poblacion to reach Malabrigo. One-way fare costs P150.
"I've visited Malabrigo many times, and usually stay with a friend. The soft waves are very good to hear at night, and the sunset is lovely too, it could make for a romantic moment for couples," says Rob.
"It would also be nice for travelers to visit the lighthouse at different times of the day, and try the local specialty, sampalok (tamarind)." – Rappler.com
More [Where I've Been]:
- [Where I've Been] The Enchanted River of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur
- [Where I've Been] Glorious Lake Carolina in Davao Oriental
- [Where I've Been] Canyoneering in Alegria, Cebu
- [Where I've Been] For this traveler, PH's Manjuyod Sandbar is 'Maldives of the Philippines'
- [Where I've Been] Magic hour at mesmerizing Lake Holon
- [Where I've Been] A surreal experience at Lake Bababu in the Dinagat Islands
- [Where I've Been] The hypnotic 'Blue Lagoon' of Maguindanao