Siargao among CNN's best surf spots
CNN called Cloud Nine a “death ride” where “fearless surfers will experience a slice of paradise or hallucinations as waves wrap over them like a liquid cocoon.”
The description ends with images of “razor-sharp coral” and skin and bone “ripped to shreds by the ocean bed,” perhaps a warning of the intensity of the Cloud Nine high.
See Cloud Nine through the eyes of a foreign tourist:
Aside from its thrilling ride, Cloud Nine is one of the few waves which can be accessed even without a boat. This, at times, leads to overcrowding. Locals have even given it the nickname "Crowd 9."
Although decent waves are present all-year round, surfing season is at its peak from September to March.
Cloud Nine was placed in the top 10, along other world famous sites:
- Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii
- Supertubes, Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa
- Teahupo'o, Tahiti, French Polynesia
- Uluwatu and Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
- P-Pass, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
- Maverick's, California
- Hossegor, France
- Puerto Escondido, Southern Oaxaca, Mexico
- Cloud Nine, Siargao Island, Philippines
- Lance's Right, Sipora, Mentawais Islands, Sumatera Barat, Indonesia