LIST: Schedule of protests during Xi Jinping's PH state visit
MANILA, Philippines – Groups from various sectors will hold protests during the state visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping to the Philippines on November 20-21. (READ: Xi Jinping to visit PH from November 20-21)
Ahead of Xi’s visit, which will be first in 13 years, Malacañang said there were plans for a framework agreement on joint exploration for oil and gas to be signed. (READ: Xi Jinping's schedule of activities in PH)
Duterte had invited Xi to visit the Philippines during all of his 3 trips to China: in October 2016, May 2017, and this April.
Here is a running list of activities for Tuesday:
Makati Fire Station
- 9 am - P1NAS leads the mobilization and march to the Chinese consulate. Other groups, such as Katribu Kalipunan ng Katutubong Mamamayan ng Pilipinas, will join.
Chinese Consulate, Makati City
- 9 am - Bayan will lead other groups, like the Movement Against Tyranny, in staging protest action.
- 10 am - Pamalakaya fishers' group, along with other patriotic sectors, will oppose the joint oil and gas exploration in the West Philippine Sea and other deals.
Welcome Rotunda, Quezon City
- 10 am - Akbayan organizes protest action.
- 4 pm -Bayan organizes protest action.
We shall continually update the schedule. Please bookmark this page. – Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.