#MillionPeopleMarch: Ground rules
MANILA, Philippines – Joining the August 26 march at Luneta Park to scrap the pork barrel system?
Here are some ground rules to remember:
- The main event will start at 9 am and end at 2 pm
- Participants will converge in front of a large video wall to be installed at the Quirino Grandstand
- Participants will be asked to register their attendance in a petition tent near the video wall
- The center of the rally area will be designated for individuals not affiliated with any groups
- The right and left sides will be reserved for participating advocacy and political groups
- Police will be deployed but volunteer organizers will be the first to deal with possible conflicts between groups or individuals in the rally and maintain crowd control
- Only announcements related to security and coordination will be relayed through the public announcement system in the command center; no political speeches are allowed
- Advocacy and political groups can deliver their speeches and display their banners in their assigned areas
- As much as possible, don't bring backpacks and valuables
Participants are advised to bring the following:
- Umbrellas, to be spray-painted with your own demands
- Your own placards and banners, with your own personalized messages
- Drums, bongoes
- Food to share
Police are expected to deploy at least 2,000 cops to maintain peace and security in the area. Portable toilets will be available. Ambulances from Philippine Red Cross and the Department of Health will also be on standby.
Are you joining the #MillionPeopleMarch vs pork barrel? Sign up, be counted, be heard.