#ReliefPH: Help the Visayas earthquake victims
MANILA, Philippines (28th UPDATE) - At 8:12am Tuesday, October 15, a 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck Central Visayas, killing at least 100 people. The quake was felt across Visayas, parts of Southern Luzon and even as far as Mindanao.
Cebu and Bohol were the hardest hit provinces. The respective local government units already declared a state of calamity in the two provinces.
The quake caused severe damage to centuries-old churches, buildings, and roads. In Bohol alone, at least 370,000 residents had to leave their homes due to the earthquake. Some 90 evacuation centers were set up in Bohol by the government, but many still chose to sleep in tents out in open spaces for fear of collapsing buildings.
Responding to the Tuesday earthquake, various private organizations have already conducted relief operations.
Rappler is compiling information on how people can help the victims through cash and in-kind donations. Refresh this page as the list is constantly updated.
Open Relief Donation Centers
(as of 12:00 am, October 20)
Donors are advised to conduct due diligence before donating money directly to personal bank accounts. Ask the organization or individual receiving the deposit for an acknowledgement receipt and how they intend to spend the money.
For Overseas or Online Donations
Ayala Foundation accepts online donations for both US-based and local donors. For bank donations, ATM, online, mobile, and over-the-counter transactions are accepted in its BPI account:
Account No: 0011-1335-41
Merchant Name: Ayala Foundation, Inc.
Reference Number: D315004 + Donor's name
- The Philippine Red Cross is accepting donations in various forms, including PayPal, Cash, Check, Bank Deposit, or in-kind donations. Kindly check out the Philippine Red Cross donations page for additional details. You can also follow the Philippine Red Cross on Twitter for updates and links to information.
- The Office of the Student Regent in UP is accepting cash and relief donations for the victims of the earthquake. Kindly forward your donations to Vinzons Hall, UP Diliman. You can also forward your donations to Benedict Opinion (09175275897) Angel Trocio (09233287390) of the UP Cebu Student council an Keysie Gomez (09498001644) of the UP Visayas USC.
- Tulong Kabataan has organized relief operations for those affected by the 7.1 magnitude earthquake. They're accepting donations in the form of food, medicines, clothing, cash, agricultural inputs, etc. They're also calling for volunteers who could help in repacking donations, solicit more donations and deliver these good into the affected areas. They are also accepting cash donations via Paypal. Drop off points are at:
UP Diliman: UPSCA Tambayan, inside UP Church of the Risen Lord Parish
Kabataan Partylist HQ: #5 Palosapis St., Brgy Amihan, Proj 3 Quezon City
CEGP National Office, 37-C Yale St., Cubao, Quezon City
LFS HQ, 1650 Sisa St., Sampaloc Manila
Lyceum: Sentinel Office, contact Andrea at 09165657795
DLSU: contact Orion at 09274563876
UP Cebu: AS Kubo/ Catwalk, contact Merl Escobia at 0933 459 9915
- BANGON BOHOL, a team of young Boholanos from all over the country, are now accepting donations. They are accepting basic needs like water, food, medicines and clothes. Here are the drop off points:
- MANILA - SERGS Office of Admiral Margarito Sanchez in Seabees, Bonifacio Naval Station, Taguig City
- CEBU: Hanz Coquilla shop, 216 Sepulveda St., Cebu city. Contact 0917 4315873
- DAVAO: Xenia Dance Studio, in front of the FTC Tower, Mt Apo Street, Davao City. Contact 09237342582
- Petron Corporation has activated 500 Petron stations nationwide to accept donations for the earthquake victims. Look for the SAGIP ALALAY sign.
- Lingap Gabriela is accepting donations in the form of bottled water, ready to eat food, rice, canned goods, instant noodles, mats, blankets, clothes, diapers, sanitary napkins and medicine for cough, colds, fever and diarrhea and cash donations. Metro Manila drop off points are at 25 K-10th St. West Kamias, Quezon City (4341039) and 35 Sct Delgado St. Brgy Laging Handa, Quezon City (374423). Bohol drop off point is at FARDEC office Lower Butalid St. Tagbiliran City (09125949170).
- The Philippine Airlines (PAL) has also activated its Humanitarian Cargo Grant program. PAL will accept donations to be transported for free to Tagbiliran City in Bohol and Cebu. Certified volunteer doctos and medical specialists who will be participating in the ongoing relief efforts may also avail of free air transportation via PAL.
- The Association of Philippine Medical Association-NCR in its project dubbed "One Med for Juan" is currently raising funds and collecting goods to be sent to the Cebu and Bohol earthquake victims. Drop-off point is at the St. Martin de Porres Building of UST, España, Manila. Contact Francis Cruces at 09328604020 or 09175701078
Operation Blessing Foundation Philippines is accepting donations for those affected by the earthquake. You may call or text these numbers for ways on how you can help: 0939-9215543/ 0922-8036922/ 0917-5812603.
- World Vision, an international Christian humanitarian, development and relief organization, is accepting donations for the Visayas earthquake survivors. You maycall their donor hotline at 372-7777 or log on to their website: http://worldvision.org.ph/relief-response/earthquakeph
- Alagang Kapatid Foundation is accepting the ff items for donation: rice, canned goods, bath soap, laundry soap, sanitary napkins, clothes, blankets, sleeping mats, towels. Drop-off point is at 730 Quirino Highway, San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City, Philippines. Contact the following numbers: (02) 3764412, (02) 6893100 local 45191 or 45192, or fax 936 7181.
- Please send your help and donations whether in cash or medicine + medical supplies to #66 Ecology Village Gate 5 (next to Alphaland before Dasmariñas gate along Edsa) 0917 773 3188. Relief boat in Bohol will depart Friday morning, October 18, to Maribojoc and Loon areas.
- GMA Kapuso Foundation
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is calling for volunteers in Cebu and Bohol to help with repacking of relief goods for earthquake survivors. Donations are also welcome.
In Cebu province, the DSWD-7 Regional Office is at the corner of M.J Cuenco Avean General Maxilom Ave, Cebu City. Contact Supply Officer Edward Dapiton or DSWD Region 7 DRRM focal person Jennifer Abastillas at 09176677138.
In Bohol province, the DSWD Social Welfare and Deveopment (SWAD) Team Office is located at the Circumferential Road, Dampas District, Tagbiliran City. Contact Bohol Team Leader Papiasa Bustrillos at (032) 232-9507
- Aboitiz Group is conducting relief operations for the victims of the earthquake in Visayas. For concerns, you may contact the following Aboitiz Foundation representatives: Danny Cerence (Coordination) – 09176308172 and Rowena Astillo (Donations) – 09176304484. Please send cash donations to the Aboitiz Foundation through the following:
- Aboitiz Foundation's UShare portal http://ushare.unionbankph.com/aboitiz
- Union Bank of the Philippines Account No. 10026-1070944
- City Savings Bank Account No. 200-20031301
- Visit www.aboitizfoundation.org and click the "Donate" button
- Gawad Kalinga Cebu chapter is now activating Operation Walang Iwanan for Bohol. Drop off points: GK Cebu Office at the old DOST Office in Banilad beside NFA and Human Nature Office in Bohol near the Tagbilaran City Port.
- UP KadBol Cebu Chapter is accepting donations in the form of canned goods, noodles, rice and clothes. To those interested, you may contact Merl Escobia at 09339436922. Drop off point: UP Cebu campus (guard house), Gorordo Avenue, Lahug, Cebu City.
- The University of Cebu is now accepting donations for the victims of the earthquake. Drop off point: University of Cebu Banilad campus. For cash donations from abroad or other parts of the country, here are the details: Account name is University of Cebu, peso account no. is 2420075 958. For inquiries you may also call UC Banilad +63322338888.
- Central Command of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in Cebu is currently conducting relief operations for those affected by the earthquake. Those who want to donate anything in kind may drop them at the Public Information Office, Headquarters Central Command, Camp Lapu-Lapu, Cebu City. They will facilitate the transport of these goods to Bohol.
- The City Government of Tagbilaran, New City Hall is accepting donations. Drop-off point is at J.A Clarin cor. Calceta Street. Contact Mayor Baba Yap at +639998832550.
- Donations are accepted at the Bongco Brgy Hall in Loon, Bohol. Contact Rosalie Gallardo at 09196227105 or 09483030965
- The Armed Forces of the Philippines is accepting donations in its Public Information Office at the Central Command Headquarters , Camp Lapu-Lapu, Cebu City.
- Donations are accepted at Bonbon Elementary School in Clarin, Bohol. Contact 09105864004
- The Ngenuis IT Hub at the PIPC i2 Bldg, Cebu is accepting donations for the victims of the earthquake. Contact Jerlyn Bacalso at 4158080 for inquiries
- The GMA Kapuso Foundation is accepting donations at the GMA Complex, Nivel Hills, Lahug, Cebu Grand Hotel in Capitol Area and at the Rotary of Mactan Bldg., MEPZ 2, Lapulapu City. Contact Anne Marie Tan at 2320353 or 2314829
- iSTORYA.net is accepting donations at 302 MIT Building 117 Gorordo Avenue. Contact Tina or Lou at (032) 238-3910
- The University of San Carlos (USC) Damayan Mission Center is accepting donations at the USC Law Building, Pelaez St., Cebu City. Contact Brenette Abrenica at (32) 2531000 loc 196 or 09998855570
Active rescue operations in Bohol
- For help, rescue, retrieval and other concerns, message your details (name, exact location, details of need) to 09175101490 or 09497955530. You may also tweet and use hashtag #RescueBohol. For volunteers, contact 09176244864.
- Mining companies have sent teams to assist in rescue and relief operations, among them Bohol Limestone Corporatiom, Carmen Copper Corporation, Philex Mining Corporation, and Philsaga Mining Corporation. The Philippine Mine Safety and Evironment Association also sent a team.
Help map the location of official and unofficial evacuation centers. You can edit the map above by clicking on the full screen button at the upper right corner to go to Edit Mode. On the "Evacuation Center" layer, add a marker at the estimated location of the evacuation center. Provide relevant details such as the number of persons a center can accommodate or a contact number. Share the map on Twitter and Facebook and tag #moveph so we know you edited the map.