Back in MNL: Harvard's largest student conference in Asia-Pacific
This is a press release from the Harvard Project of Asian and International Relations:
MANILA, Philippines – After 21 years, the Philippines is once again hosting one of Asia's most exciting youth gatherings.
De La Salle’s Project of Asian and International Relations (DLSPAIR) will kick off the 2015 Harvard – Asia conference on August 20 in the Shangri-La Hotel, Makati after a 21-year absence. This year’s theme is "Confronting Asia's Development Challenges through innovation."
Every year, the Harvard Project of Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) holds two academic conferences, one in Harvard itself which is held every February, and one in Asia, which is held every August.
Since 1991, Harvard has been bringing together students from all over the world and leaders in the fields of Academics, Business, Health, Finance, Diplomacy, Security and many more. Together they look to fulfill the conference’s 3 goals:
- Forum. Provide a dynamic forum of exchange on international issues vital to Asia.
- Relationships. Foster long-term relationships among young leaders from around the globe.
- Connections. Connect talented delegates with some of today’s leaders in academia, business and government.
During the 5-day conference the students are exposed to various issues related to politics, economics, culture and business.
This year, DLSU-Manila was chosen to be the partner university. “We want to redefine HPAIR's standards and bring the conference closer to the issues and problems discussed throughout the conference” said Jonathan Beltran, Executive Director of DLSPAIR.
“We also reinvented the conference experience through increased participation of sponsors and companies throughout the Philippines,” Beltran added.
BDO and The Ayala Corporation will have company sponsored case studies, wherein representatives from the company are present to personally explain the cases. This will be done for the first time in this year’s Asia Conference.
The conference will consist of 7 different panels and their corresponding themes:
- Corporate Leadership: Redefining industry, strategy, and management with innovation and a global mindset
- Energy and Sustainability: New opportunities in energy
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship in Asia: Successes, failures, and worldwide impact
- Finance and World Economy: Macro and microeconomic growth in Asia: Local and global implications
- Health and Social Policy: From understanding to solutions: Bringing better value to Asia’s healthcare systems
- Human Rights: Evolving solutions for human rights in Asia
- Security and Diplomacy:Can Innovative diplomacy ensure a stable and prosperous Asia?
The conference will include special events like International Night, Manila Night, Entertainment Night, field trips and mixers for delegates and speakers.
This year’s HPAIR-Asia Conference will be held at The Makati Shangri-La from August 20 – 24, 2015.
“MANILA2015,” in partnership with Banco De Oro, would not be possible without our academic partners, De La Salle University and Asian Institute Management, our sponsors, Ayala Corporation, Philippine Airlines, RFM Foods Corporation, Grab Taxi, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Globe Telecom, Phinma, Go Negosyo, and Security Bank, and our official media sponsors, Rappler, When In Manila, ANC, Animo Magazine, RX 93.1 and Magic 89.9." – Rappler.com
For more information, you may visit its official website.