Road closures for #MMShakeDrill
MANILA, Philippines – On July 30, local governments, schools, and business establishments are set to participate in the first-ever metrowide earthquake drill.
The drill aims to prepare residents for the "Big One" – the 7.2-magnitude earthquake predicted to hit Metro Manila. (READ: 57 subdivisions, villages traversed by West Valley Fault)
There will be two drills: one daytime drill, from 10:30 am to 11:30 am to be held in the entire Metro Manila. Pasig City will hold its own nighttime drill in the Ortigas Business District from 8 pm to 9:30 pm.
Several roads will be closed to prepare for the event. Motorists are advised to expect heavy traffic and to use alternate routes in affected areas.
Road closures from 9 am to 12 pm
- MH del Pilar from P. Gil to San Andres
- Mabini from P. Gil to San Andres
- Roxas Blvd service road from P. Gil to San Andres
Rerouting of vehicles
- All vehicles utilizing MH del Pilar coming from TM Kalaw shall turn left to Pedro Gil, right to Adriatico, right to Press Quirino to destination
- All vehicles utilizing Mabini coming from FB Harrison shall turn right to Pres. Quirino, left to Taft Avenue to destination
- All vehicles utilizing Roxas Blvd service road coming from TM Kalaw shall turn left to Pedro Gil, right to Adriatico, right to Pres. Quirino to destination
- All vehicles utilizing Roxas Blvd service road coming from Quirino shall turn left to San Andres, right to Roxas Blvd to destination
Closed roads starting 6 pm
- Exchange Road - closed both directions
- Jade Drive - closed both directions
- San Miguel Avenue up to J. Vargas towards El Pueblo - closed northbound
- Pearl Drive from Amethyst Drive up to Exchange Road
- Julia Vargas Avenue from San Miguel Avenue towards Meralco Avenue - closed eastbound
Traffic rerouting for Ortigas night drill
All vehicles from San Miguel Avenue (northbound) and Pearl Drive going to Meralco Avenue
- Take Shaw Blvd, take U-turn slot at Exchange Road to San Miguel, then left to Shaw Blvd, then take rotunda at Capitol Commons then right Meralco Avenue
All vehicles from Lourdes St going to Meralco Avenue
- Take San Miguel Avenue, left to Shaw Blvd to destination
All vehicles from ADB Avenue going to Meralco Avenue
- Right to Julia Vargas Avenue, left to St Francis St, left to Lourdes St, right to San Miguel Avenue, left to Shaw Blvd to destination
- The northbound lane from the stoplight corner CJ Santos to Mercury Drug Malinta, MacArthur Highway will be closed from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
- The southbound lane will accommodate two-way traffic. Other northbound vehicles will be rerouted to CJ Santos, then turn left at Maysan Road back to MacArthur Highway.
MovePH's Project Agos partnered with the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) for the metrowide earthquake drill, dubbed#MMshakedrill on social media. Rappler will livestream the earthquake drill starting at 10:00 AM using live video feeds from the MMDA. Bookmark this page to watch the livestream of #MMShakeDrill.
Take part in the earthquake drill and share it with your social networks. Tweet photos and videos to @MovePH and use the hashtag #MMShakeDrill.
More on the #MMShakeDrill: