WATCH: #FirstAidPH app: Life-saving tips at your fingertips
MANILA, Philippines – "Always first, always ready, always there."
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) expands the reach of its quick emergency interventions by introducing the First Aid PH app for iOS and Android on Friday, April 15.
The app will not replace PRC's first aid skills training, but will give online users a new tool to respond to emergencies, PRC secretary general Gwen Pang said.
The application gives you instant access to critical information needed to handle common first aid emergencies.
The app has the following features:
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios
- Fully integrated with 143 so you can call EMS from the app any time
- Videos and animation make learning first aid fun and easy
- Safety tips for every type of emergency that we may encounter
- Preloaded content gives you instant access to all safety information at any time, even without Internet connection
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge
Download First Aid PH now and let us know what you think in the comments section or on X.
The First Aid PH app launch event was held in partnership with Rappler's Agos. Agos provides a collaborative platform that combines top-down government action with bottom-up civic engagement to help communities mitigate risks and deal with climate change, natural hazards, and other emergencies. – Rappler.com